multiple purchases on the same Item

I bought an item and while checking it out, my computer developed an error and ordered it multiple times(3 times).

However, I did pay for one and the seller opened the unpaid item case in my account.

Contacted them and requested that they cancel the preceding multiple orders with an explanation to the aforementioned error but they refused saying I should get in touch with ebay so ebay will make a refund to them  first before they will initiate the cancellation.

What am I really expected to do in a situation like this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First realize that your seller is an idiot.

When you have to use eBay to get a cancellation, he gets a Defect that makes listing and selling on eBay more difficult and more expensive.

The simplest method is for him to open a request for a mutual cancellation.

If he does this, and you agree, the transaction is voided, he gets his fees back and there are no Defects.And that was what you asked him to do.

Or you can just not pay for the unwanted items. He could open an Unpaid Item Dispute, which is not good for you, but frankly he sounds too dumb to do that.

If he does not ship the single item you wanted and paid for, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute and he gets a Defect.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First realize that your seller is an idiot.

When you have to use eBay to get a cancellation, he gets a Defect that makes listing and selling on eBay more difficult and more expensive.

The simplest method is for him to open a request for a mutual cancellation.

If he does this, and you agree, the transaction is voided, he gets his fees back and there are no Defects.And that was what you asked him to do.

Or you can just not pay for the unwanted items. He could open an Unpaid Item Dispute, which is not good for you, but frankly he sounds too dumb to do that.

If he does not ship the single item you wanted and paid for, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute and he gets a Defect.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@Femmefan1946: Thanks for your input.
The seller posted the single item to me and was received.
I didn't pay for the multiple items and the final result still remained at the unpaid item case that the seller opened under my account.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

While the seller should end the Dispute, even if you get a Strike for non-payment, it will drop off your account in 12 months (to the second, btw).

Or you can ask eBay to remove it. This apparently can only be done once and only for the first Strike you ever get. Allows new buyers a chance to learn and correct behaviour.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply