need to leave negative feedback for a seller that was hostile when my item did not come.what to say

I am interested in what to leave for negative feedback for a seller that was hostile to me when my purchase did not come - I waited to about the 42nd day (45 day limit) - then contacted them - and met hostility, and they accused me of deliberately buying from the UK so that they could not get the item to me within the 45 days...I filed and was refunded, but the emails this person sent were nasty. NOT one was an apology for item not reaching me, and as of today it is 56 days and still nothing - they insist they sent it.

I intend to send the negative - as revenge is best served cold.

I paid for my item promptly, and was very discouraged to not receive it.

I am looking for ideas as to most effectively punish such a lousy seller.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

need to leave negative feedback for a seller that was hostile when my item did not come.what to say

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. 'Seller gave hostile reaction to nonarrival report after 42 days' for example.

At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings.

These are much more important.

The normal rating is Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. (No stars is a free pass).

When a seller's ratings drop below 4.3 his ability to list and sell on eBay is severely restricted.

You have up to 60 days to leave FB and DSRs.

If the seller leaves positive feedback with negative comment, you can Report him for that as sellers can only leave positive or no feedback (and we don't like that much). It will be removed.

In addition, you can add a Response to any feedback indefinitely. Like the most efective feedback, the most effective Response is calm and factual.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I find items from the UK arrive very quickly.  Had some arrive within 7 working days.

What about the tracking number ?  Did they supply that ?  It is easy to verify that it shipped if they did.

I hate leaving negative feedback, as I was the recipient of one instance and it hurt, really hurt.  Even when the buyer was proved wrong, E-Bay would NOT remove it, which hurt even more and I had to live with it for a full year.

If you are going to go ahead with Negative Feedback, keep it factual.  Not bogus, like mine was.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. 'Seller gave hostile reaction to nonarrival report after 42 days' for example.

At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings.

These are much more important.

The normal rating is Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. (No stars is a free pass).

When a seller's ratings drop below 4.3 his ability to list and sell on eBay is severely restricted.

You have up to 60 days to leave FB and DSRs.

If the seller leaves positive feedback with negative comment, you can Report him for that as sellers can only leave positive or no feedback (and we don't like that much). It will be removed.

In addition, you can add a Response to any feedback indefinitely. Like the most efective feedback, the most effective Response is calm and factual.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hello, thank you for replying. This seller did not provide tracking. I have bought from the UK and to me in rural Canada it takes about 2 - 3 weeks unless Customs hold it up. I hate leaving Negative Feedback, but HONEST feedback is much needed here.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thank you Femmefan, I will take your advice and stick to the facts. This was such an unusual experience - for the most part Ebay has been good. I guess there has to be a few rotten apples to keep things interesting. I have my money back, but the hostility and accusatory emails were not on for me!

By the way, I often browse these discussions and see your posts and always find you to be level and clear - Thank you.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I base my times on my own (urban) experience, although oddly, mail to Ottawa apparently goes through the Montreal or Missisauga terminals rather than directly.

A surprising number of people don't take into account their location when estimating delivery time.

Don't forget Day 59 for the feedback. And the DSRs are even more important than the feedback.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

"When a seller's ratings drop below 4.3 his ability to list and sell on eBay is severely restricted."

What is the point of having 5 DSR scale when everything below a 5 is pretty much counted as negative. Is not consistent.  Seems more like a pass/fail.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yep.

That's why I encourage people who are happy enough with their purchase to leave 5 stars and those who are righteously infuriated to leave one star.

If the transaction is 'meh', don't leave any stars.

It's all voluntary.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

"If the transaction is 'meh', don't leave any stars."

Ah... partially happy is no stars. OK. Kind of odd... and not exactly intuitive. Most would think that 4/5 is pretty good.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It's arithmetic.

A seller has 100 customers leaving DSRs.

Ninety five leave 5 stars.

Five leave one star.

Average 4.8  - eBay is happy.

BUT

Seventy five leave 5 stars.

Fifteen leave 4 stars.

Five leave one star.

Average 4.35 - eBay is not happy. Sellers fees rise, his ability to list and sell is restricted, and he may have to wait up to 21 days for his customers' payments to be released.

And yet, he still had 95 reasonably happy customers.

And don't ever ask a seller about 'shipping time'. Just... don't.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply