I paid for FedEx International Economy, seller sent it by china air mail.

Hello,

I paid for FedEx International Economy, but the seller sent it by china air mail..

Then I tried to communicate with him to get a refund for his mistakes,

but the seller told me that :

friend;
Please look carefully,
I did not set FedEx,
thank you for understanding!

I sent him 2 pictures showing clearly that is supposed to be by FedEx International Economy, but I guess he doesn't care .

Now what should I do to get my refund ?

thanks 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could try opening a Dispute as Item Not As Described. The difference being that a cheaper shipping method was used.

EBay may or may not go with that. And eBay may or may not require you to return the item (with Confirmation of Delivery to China, which costs over $40) before processing the refund.

The seller may have done you a favour. Postal purchases usually go through Customs without being assessed for duty and Sales Tax.

Couriers are legally required to collect these.

So if your item sold for over $16USD ($20CDN) the seller saved you the duty, the Sales Tax, and a $25 or more customs brokerage fee from FedEx.

He may not have planned to save you money. Unintended consequences.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

You could try opening a Dispute as Item Not As Described. The difference being that a cheaper shipping method was used.

EBay may or may not go with that. And eBay may or may not require you to return the item (with Confirmation of Delivery to China, which costs over $40) before processing the refund.

The seller may have done you a favour. Postal purchases usually go through Customs without being assessed for duty and Sales Tax.

Couriers are legally required to collect these.

So if your item sold for over $16USD ($20CDN) the seller saved you the duty, the Sales Tax, and a $25 or more customs brokerage fee from FedEx.

He may not have planned to save you money. Unintended consequences.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply