Words can be heard, but have no meaning when from EBAY!

Here's a new one from the eBay Global Miney Grabbing program...BROUGH TO YOU BY EBAY! Just want to be clear....
So, I purchased 5 items from the same seller, I pressed on my cart to pay for all 5 items as combined shipping, it then printed me to a generic message stating that it will be better for me, so to my benefit to pay for these 4 items first, then it would be promoting me to pay for the 5th item right after. I figured this was strange, so I got out, logged out, logged back in and still the same message. So I paid for the 4 items, then it brings me back to pay for the 5th... LO AND BEHOLD I HAVE TO PAY EXTRA SHIPPING COST AND IMPORT FEE COST AS WELL. 

View Entire Topic

Even if it were the same seller, if he had listed on different sites (many Canadian sellers list on both dotCA and dot COM)  the shopping basket does not work.

Part of the problem being different currencies.

However-

The fifth item, if it had import fees attached, was being shipped through the Global Shipping Program, a Seller Protection system which, among other protections, has the buyer pay those fees, which cover the Canadian duty and sales taxes that would otherwise be collected on delivery, before the seller is paid and ships.

GSP items cannot offer combined* and discounted shipping.

I can see how this could be cheaper for the buyer.

The GSP collects those fees when the dutiable item is valued over $150 and the taxable item over $40. And if not paid before shipping, the same fees would be collected by Canada Post, with a $9.95 service charge.

If the seller had then shipped all five items together, the four which were too low in value for duty and/or tax, would be added to the value of the shipment, meaning the importer (you) would be charged applicable duty and sales taxes on the entire shipment, including the items that would not otherwise be assessed and charged.

For the record, those import fees go to the Canadian and provincial governments, with the exception of ~$5 service fee (half the Canada Post fee for customs brokerage).

*This may take a leap of the imagination.

It does not mean that the seller won't put the entire purchase into a single box. It means that the paperwork has to be separated for each GSP purchase and shipment.