Seller won't communicate - opened case instead

Hi, I committed to buy a product, and then noticed at the bottom that the seller doesn't ship to PO boxes.  I wrote the seller, asking him to make an exception, but instead of replying, he opened up an unpaid item case.  I'm not sure he even speaks English, but I've written to him twice now.  We only have PO boxes here, and I have told the seller this.  Any ideas on how to proceed?

TYIA!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

In the text box put your address and note that he refuses to ship to you.

Do you have any sort of street address? For 911/fire for example.

Could you massage your address?

Lot 123, RR #1, UNIT 45 (where the UNIT is actually the PO Box) Smalltown NU X0A 0H0  for example?

The postal code is what guides the PO to your delivery address. The code should get any parcel to your PO and then the postmaster or outlet manager works from there.

But if you have not paid, don't untll he agrees that he will ship.

The worst is that you get a Strike for an unpaid item, and while we sellers don't like bidders with strikes, we can't Block you with just one.

It's supposed to teach you a lesson, I suppose.

As long as you don't get another in the next 12 months your bidding won't be affected. Don't tell anyone I told you that.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

it is amazing he would not respond,i have had buyers like that but as a seller i always respond within a few hrs or sooner,there is no excuse on his part to to ignore you,i cant understand that he wont comunicate,its possible that his account is set up to automatically 0pen unpaid cases after three days or such and he is on holidays or something,,if he wont talk to you it might be a good idea to contact ebay and explain to them that this person will not respond to you,sounds like a very unusual transasaction,did you make your payment?youre adress on your paypal account should say its a confirmed address,if you sighned up with a post office box in canada,does sound like a strange case but im thing there are more knowledgeable people on here im hoping will respond to this, hope it works out you are trying but the seller is not,im sure piere or fem or one of the people that been on here forever lol will comment on this sorry i could not help more but seems to me you are doing what you shouls

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hello 'purpleweinerdog', 

<<the seller doesn't ship to PO boxes.  I wrote the seller, asking him to make an exception, but instead of replying, he opened up an unpaid item case.>>

Did you try to pay?  Some sellers do not send to PO boxes because they use a courier which requires a signature and postal clerks are not able to sign on your behalf.  

Still other sellers simply fear (quite irrationally) for the safety of postal boxes.  Maybe in other countries they are risky, but in Canada a person would have an easier time robbing an armoured car than a Post Office box.  

If you tried to pay but were unable, that means the seller blocks addresses with PO boxes.  If you tried to pay and your payment went through and cleared, the seller would have to send the item to your address (make an exception whether he wants to or not)  OR he would have to refund you, at which time there could be no Unpaid case.  

<<Any ideas on how to proceed?>>

Try paying.  

If you are blocked from doing so, call ebay (use the Help & Contact link at the top of the page) and get them to remove the Unpaid case.  You can point out that you twice attempted to contact the seller and received no reply.  

You can further explain that your efforts to send payment have been thwarted.  

Unpaid strikes are usually reserved for those who make no effort to resolve the problem (non-payment).  Ebay will remove a strike when it is unjustified like this.

In future, I'd suggest always carefully looking over the listing from top to bottom, and if you find something like that  send your inquiry before buying.  That way, if the seller ignores you it will be a relief that you did not waste any time or money on someone so wholly inconsiderate.  

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Pay for the item, and let the seller work it out.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply