When should I make a claim for a refund (when you have one week left until 45days limit)?

Hi,

I thought I just had the worst experience in my ebay shopping during this week, (I ask for the advice in this forum a couple of days ago)
http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buying-on-eBay/Wrong-color-item-arrived-Returning-is-costly-now-what-sho...
but, unfortunately, there's another problem that makes me worry again.

This time, the item didn't arrive. (Today is the 38th day since I ordered)
I started to contact the seller about one week ago, and I got a automated vacation reply that says they are on vacation until Dec 19.
Later, they replied me to ask me to wait a little bit longer for the items arrival.
(I always wait for a while in this case, so that was fine)

Then, since I noticed there's only one week left until 45 days dead line, I emailed them again this morning. (First, I received automated message again. I became suspicious a little bit by then)
And.. I had a reply and I was asked to wait up to ONE MORE WEEK. They also said they will give me a refund OR RESEND.

I only asked for a refund, since I read some similar topic in this forum, so now I am more worried if they are trying to deceive me.

I told them that I can wait only one or two days, and if I couldn't get a refund notice from PayPal, I will make a claim for a refund to ebay.

I haven't done this kind of things before (in the past, I got a refund with no problem when the item didn't arrive) , so I still don't know how long it takes.

So my question is, when you have only one week left, when should I start to make a claim? (I read other advice about after 45days claim: contact to your credit card company, right?) Either claiming to ebay or credit company, everything is new to me. I am very tired because I had to go through all of these things. (I had to write many emails...had to cut my sleeping time...need to search for the answer.. it's like nightmare.😥😂😭 Sorry for my whining...)

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When should I make a claim for a refund (when you have one week left until 45days limit)?

Open the case now.

Once you open the case for item not received, then simply state in your claim that you have yet to receive it.

Once the case is open this could allow you to wait for another 10-14 days if you wish. Simply write in the message to seller part of the claim that you opened this case for your protection in case item is not delivered. 

Once the case is open the refund does NOT have to be automatic. If you wish to wait and see if parcel may be delivered in the next few upcoming days.

Opening the case protects you in case of no delivery/package.

Then simply wait until the package arrives. However DO NOT let the time period allowed by Paypal expire because if that happens then you will not receive a refund.

Hope this helps.....

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Open the case now.

Once you open the case for item not received, then simply state in your claim that you have yet to receive it.

Once the case is open this could allow you to wait for another 10-14 days if you wish. Simply write in the message to seller part of the claim that you opened this case for your protection in case item is not delivered. 

Once the case is open the refund does NOT have to be automatic. If you wish to wait and see if parcel may be delivered in the next few upcoming days.

Opening the case protects you in case of no delivery/package.

Then simply wait until the package arrives. However DO NOT let the time period allowed by Paypal expire because if that happens then you will not receive a refund.

Hope this helps.....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hello again,

After writing my initial reply I took a look at the feedback you have left sellers over the last little while. I noticed you seem to have a high number of item not received problem with other sellers.

I strongly suggest you verify your mailing address on file with Paypal and make sure all the information such as Postal Code, street address are 100 percent accurate.

One wrong letter/number in postal code on file could be why parcels do not seem to be delivered. We as sellers, ship on a daily basis and do not experience the volume of no delivery that seems to be afflicting you.

International postal services are generally pretty reliable so I would definitely be verifying all addresses on file with ebay and paypal.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you very much for your advice.
As you suggested, I went to the resolution centre and tried to make a claim, but it won't let me do it.
I think I need to explain other things and ask, so (I really don't want to to do it, but) I will post another question later.

As for the PayPal address, no there is not problem with it. Maybe it looks I got a refund 5 times in a low recently, but it was actually only 2 transactions. (I ordered the same item, but 4 different color, I had to order that way.)
My total refunds experiences are 4 times since I joined ebay. And one time was seller's listing problem and got a refund after I ordered, so only 3 times refund oppotunities for didn't-arrive items. Maybe it's not that bad in 4 years.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I just looked at her Fb as well she has made 5 claims BUT and it is a BIG BUT 4 were from one seller, I have had parcels with of 10 small brooches(different auctions same seller) in one package the tracking number NEVER worked all I got was excuses and please wait, please wait, on the 40th day I started a claim they responded to the start of my claim with extremely rude emails,calling me a liar thief etc.I did get my refund and the parcel ? Well its been a year and it still has not shown up.
So it may look like alot of negs left for a seller but it could be a simple as mine 10 different auctions sent in one package THEREFORE 10 NEGS!!!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Do what berubegirl says...ASAP, now, PDQ.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply