Why do I have to wait almost a week to ask for refund of items not received after 2 months

Why do I have to wait almost a week before asking Ebay to step in for an item not recieved .8 items were ordered on NOV 15 2016 .The estimated delivery date was from dec 1 2016 to jan 4 2017..On jan 5 i notified the seller the items hadnt arrived which is what a lot of sellers request you do. and Ebay too recommends this.SoI wait another 2 weeks still no delivery and decide that I want a refund as over 2 months has past. First thing I notice is that in my purchase history all options to do anything has been removed as wellas shipping facts ,feedback the works .Luckily I had messaged the seller so was able to still see purchase history there in messages..I then however had to go to contact Ebay to actually report an item not delivered and even though its 2 weeks past the last estimated delivery time.they say ishould contact the seller ,which I have done several times and if not resoved thet will step in on January 23  2017. .Thats 3 weeks after last delivery estimate.And of course paypal willmake mewait another 10 days as well .They call that fast money back guarantee almost 3 months after i paid for an item i didnt get.. Should a buyer ignore all requests from sellers to try and resolve when an item isnt delivered or any other time and file a dispute right way regardless of what theseller wants.to avoid having extra long wait timesadded if you do try and solve it yourself like i did. What should i do next time?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why do I have to wait almost a week to ask for refund of items not received after 2 months

emg.PNG

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi, I'm not sure I'm following exactly what your question is but ... as long as you file your request within the ebay 30 days window you will get your money back - is it an "instant" refund like when you buy something in person at a store - no - but you will get a refund. It is taking a bit longer for you in the sense that you contacted the Seller through ebay messages (I guess?) and then waited 2 more weeks for the item to arrive and are now actively filing  a money back claim ~ so giving the Seller 3 business days to reply looks like it would take the date to Friday and then ebay would step in on Monday the 23rd if the Seller has not issued you a refund. 

You are asking what you should do the next time .... well only you can decide that. If you want your money back faster don't wait any extra time I guess. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@ampfreakindan wrote:

What should i do next time?

The thing you want to avoid is getting into a long to-and-fro with a seller who is obviously trying to delay you and make you wait so long you can't file a claim anymore.  

On eBay you have 30 days after the LAST estimated delivery date to file a claim.  

First contact the seller.  If you do not get satisfaction that way, STOP communicating and just open a claim.  Do not accept an offer of replacement because that is never sent.  It is a way to make you wait a couple more months for nothing.  Do not close a claim until you are 100% satisfied to end it then & there. 

Assuming you are waiting a reasonable amount of time and not just watching to quickly launch a claim the instant the system allows, then by the time you have waited about 27 days past the last estimated date, and if the seller doesn't refund you, open a claim.  

A seller then has a few days to respond.  They either refund right away or you click the option to have eBay step in. Once you do that you will get refunded very quickly.  

After you have opened a claim, if a seller sends you messages pleading with you to close the claim, ignore them.

You can't open both an eBay and PayPal claim at the same time.  

If it is too late for an eBay claim (more than 30 days after that LAST estimated delivery date) you have 180 days from payment with a PayPal account to file a claim.  Use the TOOLS drop-down menu for their resolution center.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply