A change of pace....

Seeing as how the level of frustrations on eBay dot ca seem to be catching up to what consistently shows up on dot com, throwing this out there....

A good day on eBay is?

For me, it's buyer having their purchase arrive in a timely manner and receiving glowing feedback.

As a very occasional buyer (now), it's receiving a purchase in that same timely manner with fair and reasonable shipping options. Hey, a buyer can dream!!!!!!

-Lotz

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

A change of pace....

For me it's if I dont get requests from Ebay. Also, its a good day when I dont have to call their incompetent customer service.

FACTS, if there is an issue with my statement, please review my account for notes, theres enough facts there to prove it. I also haven't received a call back from management as promised. Thx ebay

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

For me it's April 29th, that's the deadline eBay has set for me to sign up for managed payments. That's also the day I am ending all my listings and saying bye-bye to eBay. Over the years I've been on here, I've built up a base of contacts that just buy my items privately and there's now enough of them that I really don't need eBay anymore. Not that they will care very much, but feels good nonetheless.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

It's silence.

The orders come in, I fill them, I ship and leave FB.

I never hear from the customer again.

Well, I have no actual objection to repeat customers, but no news is good news.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

Shipping off the beaten track.

Everywhere from Tuktoyaktuk, NWT (43 Hours to drive..Much longer by mail) or to Slovenia (Difficult to drive to...By mail, we shall see.)

-Lotz

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

I think for me it's selling to a new place I've never sold to before. Another good day is receiving feedback. I know I've done the job to a customer's satisfaction when I receive positive feedback.

Another way to make it a good day, getting a parcel posted only hours after a customer order and it makes it on the first or last Canada Post truck of the day.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

Ebay was an awesome place to sell for me for over 20 years.... Then ,I was forced to sign up for managed payments last month. I signed up on Apr 27th or 28th,received my good to go confirmation on the same day, made my first 2 sales using managed payments on Apr 29th ,shipped both items (when Ebay said to after the payments cleared),my first payout was supposed to of been sent on May 4th and .... Still have not received one red cent to my bank account. I have been forced to put my listings on time away and can't sell a thing because the managed payments team cannot seem to find out why my Ebay account isn't linking properly to my chequing account(with a major Canadian bank). Both buyers have long received their items, I have talked to managed payments almost every day since May 9th trying to get the problem fixed and get back up and running but have had zero success. 

With all of that said, I set up listings on 2 other sites over a year ago and have never made a sale on either one of them so once Ebay gets this problem fixed, I will continue to sell on here. I just wish they'd let me to continue on with Paypal until they do get to the heart of the problem but apparently that is not an option they are willing or able to extend.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

As only being a serious seller for a year now, I have found managed payments cost me at least 5% more in fees and shipping costs have gone up as i cant access the cheap shipping on Paypal anymore through netparcel ( yes i know good and bad there).  The switch was under the disguise of its going to save me  money....LOL.   So i lose sales due to higher shipping costs and i lose money due to more fees on sales.  ...anyway thats how it is, venting about emp. On the positive i like the money handling part,no invoices ,payments like clockwork.

A good day on ebay.ca is any and every sale, and i love putting new listings up. Despite the higher costs now ( cant help but think i missed the golden age of ebay). I like every aspect of it

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

I like when I sell a CFL card and the last name is the same as the buyer.  Sometimes it actually is the player on the card but a lot of other times its another family member wanting to know a bit more about their relative when they played in the CFL.  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

@edubb101 wrote:

I like when I sell a CFL card and the last name is the same as the buyer.  Sometimes it actually is the player on the card but a lot of other times its another family member wanting to know a bit more about their relative when they played in the CFL.  

I really wish we had a "Like" option for this statement. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

@reallynicestamps wrote:

It's silence.

The orders come in, I fill them, I ship and leave FB.

I never hear from the customer again.

Well, I have no actual objection to repeat customers, but no news is good news.

Your comment has so much irony it's hillarious..  No disrespect. It's just full of irony..

I was born and raised in Nelson BC. Your post reminds me of the Steve Martin/Darryl Hannah movie filmed there called "Roxanne". There's a scene with Hannah totally naked and locked out of her house. Steve (Firechief) is summoned to the call to his shagrin.. He offers her a coat. She declines. He continues to the house attempting not to but noticing her nakedness.  Finally Darryl says I was being ironic. Martin comes back with "People ski topless here while smoking dope so irony is not really a big priority". 

If you haven't been to Nelson now you know. Exactly like that.!

Keep up with the irony!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

My business, your business is not eBay. Our business's only use eBay to expedite things. I also use Vistaprint, Shippers Supply, the Little Canadian Box Company, Wentworth Music, Canada Post, and Dial a Date to get my business done. OK. Just kidding about the last one.

My point is YOU run your business. Don't let other businesses run yours. eBay is a tool, just another business and anyone who has used the tool long enough uses "work arounds" to keep and grow their "Stamps, Coins, Crystal, Jewelry, Auto Parts, Weenie Warmers ( we have one in Kelowna) or, in my case, Music Memorabilia businesses. 

When I had a successful brick & mortar store I spent a thousand or more a month on Yellow Pages (before the internet) . They were so much trouble I'd come home from work and my little girls could see I had a bad case of "Telus Face". 

Don't let eBay give you "eBay Face".  Run your business and be proud of what you are doing irregardless of eBay.

Here is a good day for me: I ship stuff that would scare most sellers. I shipped an expensive guitar to Czechoslovakia.  In those days we didn't have bubble wrap.  [Never use bubble wrap on a guitar. They need to breath. ] The guitar arrived in perfect condition. The customer phoned me. In those days feedback was the phone. 

He was elated not because the guitar made it through sketchy communist boundaries arriving on time in good condition. He was elated because the packing material I used consisted of USA guitar magazines that, at the time, had never been allowed in a communist country. I received the call thanking me for the magazines not the guitar. That was a good day in my business. 

Many who are closing out or suspending their businesses forget all of the blood, sweat and tears you put in has  appreciated in value. Many businesses,  providing they kept their financials up to date, could actually be sold for very good money. Yes, you can sell an online store. Right now a lot of people are entering the market. An accountant could organize your books. First talk to a reputable business broker. 

You've spent years building your store. Before you crumble under the ridiculous strains eBay is exerting on home based Sellers with their "metamorphosis" you might consider getting your business evaluated by someone.  

For many business owners the best day is the day they closed the deal on the sale. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

I have had with incompetent peopel at Ebay, I was  spending  $3000 a month in fees. I got Shopify website and paid for it all in 2 months. I dont have to deal with this **bleep** on Ebay,,

WE should band together and boycott Ebay  maybe they will listen and change their ways

Did you see Ebays Revenue for 2020???      9.7 Billion Dollars US and they stole every penny from us!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

A change of pace....

coinedgeholdings
Community Member

What works for me is adding new stuff to my store. It feels good to add variety.

Also getting some feed back and booking from recurrent customers.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply