Sadly Don Everly of The Everly Brothers has passed away.

What a legend!

Bye Bye Love, Let It Be Me, Dream, Cathy's Clown, Walk Right Back and so many more! 

Phil passed away in 2014. It was 1991 when I worked with them.  Even though they were glued together on stage they didn't get along so well off...That's brothers I guess.  The legendary Larry Londin was the drummer then who is also gone now. He played with almost everyone from Dolly to Elvis. 

So sad to see them go. Sure glad they left some tunes for us! Here is a photo of myself and Don back in '91. 

RIP Don Everly

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@intimewithmusic wrote:

What a legend!

Bye Bye Love, Let It Be Me, Dream, Cathy's Clown, Walk Right Back and so many more! 

Phil passed away in 2014. It was 1991 when I worked with them.  Even though they were glued together on stage they didn't get along so well off...That's brothers I guess.  The legendary Larry Londin was the drummer then who is also gone now. He played with almost everyone from Dolly to Elvis. 

So sad to see them go. Sure glad they left some tunes for us! Here is a photo of myself and Don back in '91. 

RIP Don Everly

Sadly one more passing. Long time drummer of Rolling Stones, Charlie Watts. (2 June 1941 – 24 August 2021)

RIP Charlie

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks Lotz.  I hadn't heard. Charlie was a great vintage drum enthusiast. I was talking to a renowned retired custom drum supplier. He was selling his stuff and moving to Arizona. He invited me to come to LA to see if I wanted to purchase some of it. Charlie was headed over to his place so why bother? wish I'd have gone. Never met him. It took me years to figure out one of his drumming tradmarks which was not to play the hi hat and snare at the same time on 2 & 4. Will have to do some sort of remebrance on my site. Such a shame to lose a Stone. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply