Scotiabanks Hockey Day in Canada Is Coming To Peterborough This Weekend

and alot of it is going to be beside us

we live about a 2 minute walk from the Peterborough Hydraulic Lift Lock and Trent Canal

the Under The Locks Hockey Tournament starts  on Saturday at the Locks Approx 1000 participants (Kids) will be involved and Ron Maclean From Hockey Night In Canada will be broadcasting live on CBC from the base of the Lift Lock off and on from 12 to 6. The action then  moves to the Peterborough Memorial Centre for a Game between the Peterborough Petes and the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds 

Maclean and Don Cherry will be Hosting Coaches Corner from the Memorial Centre Saturday Night  The Chevy i-Desk and the Hot Stove Lounge will also take place there

http://www.underthelock.com/

Going to be a very busy couple of days around here . Last major event at the Locks was in 2004 The 100th Anniversary of the Peterborough Lift Locks. Could hardly move around this area during that. I have a feeling this will be more popular

The activities start tomorrow. The NHL is bringing The Stanley Cup To Peterborough and over the next few days it will be going to a number of Local Elementary Schools with NHL Players. Me thinks the Kids will be wired 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Stratford hosted Hockey Day in Canada in 2010.  DH is a former OHA official and was one of their volunteers.  One of his jobs was to guard the Conn Smythe & Hart trophies.  The Stanley Cup was making its rounds throughout the city and he missed seeing it.

Here are some photos that he took during the event.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I tried to post another one of the trophies but wasn't allowed to do so.  I hope you enjoy the event.  DH was absolutely thrilled to participate.  Don McLean was very gracious in posing for him.

One little boy revered Don Cherry as his hero.  His parents made, or had made, a colourful suit to wear to the event.  When Don Cherry found out he took the little boy by the hand and took him out on the ice with him in front of the cameras.  I am sure that is a day that young boy will never forget.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply