Still here

Wow, the forums are still here. I don't think I've left a comment on them in over 5 years. I hope everyone is managing alright through the pandemic, and will have a happy and prosperous 2021.

I've attached a photo from 2019 when I was walking around the Ottawa River, after meeting Jagmeet Singh on my way.

--
Bloggin' since before blog was a word.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Still here

Greetings from tropical Hamilton Ontario.  😎

If you had visited a few days earlier the boards would have looked more familiar.

A major redesign just happened. And posting no longer bumps a thread to the top so threads disapear fast.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Still here

thetickletrunk
Community Member

Hello there!  Looking for the guy who always posted on here about coins, anyone remember his username?  Hope all is well

----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Still here

Hello all, purpleferret999 here. Just stopped by as I just realized a few of our originals have passed on. CTS used to have a coffee thread. We lost Susan Johnson a few years back. Annie Green (pukmis) in fall of 2021 and Holly Kendall Dec. 2021. I am looking for Jannie Ciere, neatstuffkp on the Night Owls thread and the Morning Coffee thread. Any one else?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Still here

nd waves to sask-compboy. The tin hat auction is still the greatest in my book. Waves to thetickletrunk as well.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Still here

I came back. I was here in the late 80s and early 90s. I quit when US shipping took a big increase in cost. I felt that sales would drop right off, but sales seem to be as strong as ever. I've had enough positive transactions now to convince me to stay. Its a fun and profitable way to spend time. I enjoy packing my shipments well. I know some folks consider it a bother, but not me. Too bad that feedback seems to be passe. Nothing stays the same.

Take care everyone and think world peace.

100milehowie.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Still here

I guess you had an amazing late 20th century since eBay was only founded in September 1995. 😘

If you were away during 2020 and 2021, you missed the huge surge in online shopping that resulted from pandemic lockdowns. But while we may not see those numbers again, online shopping has become the norm for many things we used to buy only in person. There has also been a surge in hobby and collectible buying, although what is being bought has changed a lot.

If you plan to start selling again, be sure to set up your Managed Payments account first. It's eBay's latest iteration of in-house payment processing following BillPoint and Paypal. There are a lot of changes from those early processors including tighter security, so be patient.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Still here

Funny about the timeline. I took my family to Maui for Christmas 1994 and paid for everything from  the proceeds of my ebay sales.

Ya, I missed 2020 and 21 on ebay. I cashed in on the bicycle boom though. I bought, repaired and resold many cycles locally. Good quality bikes, in good repair and tuned up at attractive prices. I stayed away from the cheap department store bikes. Often times they can't be repaired.  No shipping is a big plus.

I have started selling and have 15 completed transactions and 10 positive feedbacks and a yellow star. Wow eh?

The mamaged payment account setup was obligatory before I could list my forst item and it seems more streamlined than paypal which I used mostly in the past. The odd time the buyer would pay with a money order delivered by snail mail and those transactions took a lot longer to complete.

There have been many changes and it has been a bit of a relearning curve for me, but I think I have figured most of it out and gotten into a bit of a rhythem. Patience truly is a virtue.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Still here

I stand corrected. After consulting with family members, I have to admit that my memory of the timing of certain events was off. It was in fact during the late 90s that I sold on ebay and not in the 80s. Lol.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply