The truth regarding the Keystone pipeline

valve37
Community Member

keystone.jpg

So - you thought opposition to the Keystone Pipeline was pure and noble and environmentally based..!?!

.............. check this out

I’m surprised it has taken this long to for the public to connect the dots – the Wall St. Journal has often written of the conflict.

Also, for your edification, check out Petroleo Brasileiro, the Brazil Oil Company. In 2008, George Soros a major donor to Obama and democrats invested 811 million in the company, a 22% stake. In 2010, while Obama was refusing to permit drilling in the gulf he signed an executive order providing a 2 billion dollar loan to Betroleo Brasileiro of U.S. Tax Payer Dollars. By the way the oil is being sold to China and was never bound for the U. S.

Hey anyone think Soros has paid back the loan?

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Very interesting  point Valve, but most Americans or thinking what is for supper and have the attention span of low hanging fruit.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

In 2010, while Obama was refusing to permit drilling in the gulf he signed an executive order providing a 2 billion dollar loan to Betroleo Brasileiro of U.S. Tax Payer Dollars. By the way the oil is being sold to China and was never bound for the U. S.

Really? According to snopes it is false.

The above-quoted article references a segment attributed to Fox News Channel host Glenn Beck criticizing President Obama for signing an executive order to lend $2 billion to a Brazilian oil company to finance offshore drilling, all without securing reciprocal oil exports from Brazil or any other benefit to the U.S. Nearly all of the substantive claims made in that article are false.

President Obama signed no such executive order.
The approval of the loan was an action undertaken not by officials who had been appointed by President Obama, but by his predecessor, President George W. Bush.

Billionaire financier George Soros has donated large sums of money to groups that support the goals of the Democratic Party (including an estimated $23.5 million towards defeating the re-election effort of President George W. Bush in 2004), and his hedge fund (Soros Fund Management LLC) does hold stock in Petrobras. However, the implication that President Obama unilaterally directed the issuance of a loan to Petrobras as quid pro quo repayment to George Soros is erroneous since, as noted above, the loan was approved and made by a Republican-majority board of Ex-Im officials who had been appointed by George W. Bush.

Soros' hedge-fund firm sold off 5 million of its 37 million Petrobras shares in May 2009, and the firm sold off another 22 million shares in August 2009, before Petrobras received any loan funds from Ex-Im.

Unless each day can be looked back upon by an individual
as one in which he has had some fun, some joy, some
real satisfaction, that day is a loss.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Snopes is the absolute undeniable gospel truth and should never be contested. After all it is the printed word and distributed for your enjoyment brought to you via cyber space transmission.Smiley Wink

Snopes.com is run by Barbara and David Mikkelson. 

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

At least they have links to back it up.

You have Faux News.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Valve - what do you think of The truth regarding... job creation in Canada.

Based on the revisions announced today by Stats Can, Canada is in bad economic shape.  The federal government has been misrepresenting job creation for the last twelve months.  In 2014, they were fewer jobs created than the increase in population.

Do these guys running the government really know what they are doing?  I think not.

Where is the budget?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

They know exactly what they're doing Pierre. It's called "Deceiving the public".

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I'm not contesting it Leslie, like I said it's the absolute undeniable gospel truth and should never be contested.

I wouldn't worry too much Pierre regarding the jobs market. US is booming and we usually feed off them lagging about a year. Low dollar should really help move it along.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

"US is booming and we usually feed off them lagging about a year. Low dollar should really help move it along."

Actually, I agree with you.

If you stop to think about it, your statement proves the point: Harper and his policies have no positive effects on the Canadian economy. 

The Conservatives and Harper came into power when Canada had a balance budget for many years, actually showing some surplusses every year allowing us to pay down our national debt. Since then we have seen huge deficits every year, our national debt going through the roof, promises that the budget would be balanced (still waiting to actually see that), lower taxes for corporations on the basis lower corporate taxes would create jobs - we all know that is nonsense - lower income tax and all types of tax breaks for high income earners and - what is the point?

No, what we need, as you stated so well, is a strong American economy and a low dollar to find our way to prosperity and job creation.  Who needs Harper?  He is not part of that equation.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

" Who needs Harper? He is not part of that equation."

Yes and we need Trudeau and Mulcair even less!

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I like it when we get straight talk like is in the example below.

Stephen Harper's great-great uncle.

!cid_FB9E1451E5C54786BA984F5C5FE41B41@OwnerPC.jpg

No matter what side of the political fence you're on, THIS is FUNNY and VERY telling! It just all depends on how you look at the same things. Judy Harper an amateur genealogy researcher in Northern Ontario, was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Prime Minister Stephen Harper's great-great uncle, Remus Rudd, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Winnipeg in 1889. Both Judy and Stephen Harper share this common ancestor. The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows at the Manitoba Provincial Jail.

On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription: 'Remus Rudd horse thief, sent to Stony Mountain Jail 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the CP AND CN trains six times. Caught by Mounted Police Force, convicted and hanged in 1889.' So Judy recently e-mailed Prime Minister Harper for information about their great-great uncle, Remus Rudd. Believe it or not, Harper's staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research: "Remus Rudd was famous in Ontario during the mid to late 1800s. His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the CP and CN Railways..

Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroads. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the Mounted Police Force. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honour when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed." NOW That's how it's done, Folks!

That's a real POLITICAL SPIN!

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Harper must be related to Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, George W. Bush, Stephane Dion, Harry Reid, Joe Biden and numerous other politicians ( just insert the name ) since they all apparently had a great great Uncle that was hanged and they all found the exact same picture. What a coincidence.

Isn't the internet great. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Snopes.com is run by Barbara and David Mikkelson. 

I checked them out Valve.

An email circulating since 2008 warns not to use Snopes.com because of its political leanings: “I have recently discovered that Snopes.com is owned by a flaming liberal and this man is in the tank for Obama. …”

Snopes.com is the oldest fact-finder on the Internet. It was well-respected for years when it fact-checked urban legends, such as whether more domestic abuse occurs on Super Bowl Sunday than on any other day. But when Snopes.com starting debunking rumors about candidate-then-President Barack Obama, it was roundly criticized.

Snopes.com is owned and run by David and Barbara Mikkelson of California, who have not hidden their identities as one of the viral email claims.

As far as being liberal, other fact-checkers, such as Truthorfiction.com; David Emery, who researches urban legends for the information website About.com; and FactCheck.org have researched Snopes.com and none has found any instance where the Mikkelsons have stated a political preference or affiliation.

Barbara Mikkelson is a Canadian citizen, so she can’t contribute to a political campaign or vote in U.S. elections. David Mikkelson provided his voter registration papers to FactCheck.org that show he registered as a Republican in 2000, and had no party affiliation in 2008.

A check of the donor list at the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign contributions (1990-2012), shows no contributions by Mikkelson to any candidate from any party.

If there is proof that refutes this, or shows that the Mikkelsons are “flaming liberals,” no one has come up with it.

Truth be told, there are emails that present what they say is verifiable proof that Snopes.com is biased.

One viral email suggested that Elena Kagan was nominated to the Supreme Court because as solicitor general she fended off all the lawsuits challenging Obama’s eligibility to be president. Snopes.com was castigated for debunking the rumor, but all it did was look at the docket items cited by the email and found that not a single one was about Obama’s eligibility.

Emery, who said he has looked at the texts about Obama forwarded to Snopes.com, states that he “has found no any evidence of advocacy for or against. To the contrary, I see a consistent effort to provide even-handed analyses. …”

FactCheck.org also fact-checked Snopes.com: “We reviewed a sampling of their political offerings, including some on rumors about George W. Bush, Sarah Palin and Barack Obama, and we found them [Snopes.com] to be utterly poker-faced.”

There have also been viral emails charging that Snopes.com is financed by business magnate and philanthropist George Soros. There have been no verifiable reports of a Soros connection, but Snopes.com’s books are not open for all to see, so we can’t say for absolutely certain.

Some of the emails disparaging Snopes.com cite that TruthorFiction.com is a much more reliable site. TruthorFiction.com lauds Snopes.com as an “excellent” and “authoritative” resource.

Although Snopes.com could do a better job of linking to sources within its stories, it does list its sources, so it is easy to confirm accuracy..

They appear quite credible.

I didn't put any of the links in my paste but you can check it out if you want.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2012-09-28/story/fact-check-so-whos-checking-fact-finders-we-are

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

BTW, All the fact checking sites have been accused of having a liberal bias.

Obama is the current President and naturally the right don't like that so they spread all these rumours about him.

I'm sure if the current President was a Republican the opposite would be true.

The fact checking sites check out the accuracy of the claims and report their findings. They support their findings

with links. Many times to Gov't sites themselves. Since many of the claims are false the

right then attacks the fact-checking sites and accuses them of a liberal bias. The fact checking sites

have a reputation to protect so they're not playing politics.

We all have a tendency to want to believe whatever reinforces our ideas or political leanings but there's too much

nonsense out there to just believe anything that comes your way. It's best to check it out on numerous sites before

you believe anything.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Is John Baird really leaving? May be another IT hoax.Man LOL

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

John is a smart guy. 

He would rather jump the sinking ship now and find a high paying job in Toronto financial district than wait until October.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Baird has a job lined up in the private sector, as well as some corporate boards, sources say. There have been reports that he may do some work for the United Nations, helping to reform the World Health Organization.

Baird’s move is also considered a surprise given that it’s an election year.

However, Fife reports that Baird is currently in a position to collect a $100,000-plus pension when he reaches 55 years of age. Under new MP pension rules, if Baird had sought re-election again this year, he wouldn’t be able to collect that sum until age 65.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Baird, timing is everything even in love making!Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

With the MP's pension changes on Jan.1, 2016, we might see more retirements.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply