messed up listings?

wyld_black_wolf
Community Member

ok guys . ive got a good one here for you. whats WRONG with this listing? ? YOU tell me. ( I can see glaring evidence of serious error. can you?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200871801851

as a fellow canadian i actually find this kind of offensive. and you can see by the way the listing is  why i happen to.find it that way. say your piece if you too think that ebay should not allow for this type of listing. its discriminatory and defeats the purpose of ebay in my opinion. what good is it for ebay to lay claim to being worldwide if they allow for this kind of thing to happen? need i say more?

i'm sorry ebay mods. but this was one listing too many that youd allowed to have happen that  i find completely ineffective and discriminatory. i mean sure. lets shut out 95% of the countries we deliver to including our own homeland shall we?

if i'm breaking any rules by saying this well. i can't stand quietly anymore and see people like this dude ruin everything the rest of us had worked hard to build. ive been a member long enough and KNOW that ive seen some messed up listings.. but this one takes the cake. and forced me into waking enough that i am saying something about it.

if those words confuse you. well. don't try and prod further in that direction because the ebay admins would NOT like it at ALL. let us just say that i'm hell to deal with when i'm upset over something and leave it at that. i seldom stand up and say anyhing. but when i do i make sure it counts. and that i'm heard.. at first i'm polite.. even though id rather snap at someone. if that doesn't get very far then i pull out my big B**ch guns and really let 'er rip . but i generally save that for those who deserve it.and ignore my initial polite inquiry to them over said subject that theyd been approached on ( general sense here). i don't like being ignored and i hate being ripped off by people who think they can use ebay for ripping the rest of the world off. i DO hope that the ebay admins take as dim a view on these troublemakers as i. and cleans up their database of those people who couldn't post a link properly and made a serious mess of the information they tried to sell

Don't Wake This Beast. You'll Regret it!
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

messed up listings?

It is just about getting a little extra exposure ...no biggie

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

"whats WRONG with this listing?"

I am well experienced on eBay and see nothing wrong with the listing.

Could you please summarize the problem - as you see it - in a sentence of 25 words or less.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

"whats WRONG with this listing?"

I am well experienced on eBay and see nothing wrong with the listing.

Could you please summarize the problem - as you see it - in a sentence of 25 words or less.

LOL

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

By the way, if the problem is with shipping within Canada, there are many valid reasons for a Canadian seller not to ship within Canada.  Buyers have no "rights" to force a seller to sell to them.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

I also did not see what was wrong. Why not just state the issue clearly?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

Why would a seller in Edmonton only ship to the United States ?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

"Why would a seller in Edmonton only ship to the United States ?"

Many possible reasons:

1) a simple mistake at time of listing

2) the seller is GST registered and does not wish to add taxable sales within Canada

3) the seller is restricted by his supplier(s) to ship outside Canada only (personally, I have had a few similar deals with some buyers/dealers, allowing them to buy from me at wholesale price but restricting their sales to outside Canada).

etc...

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

Ask the seller... Why?

Some sellers may not realize what they are doing...

----------------------------------------------

For many things,  a manufactured item, such as this game,  may say... Can only be sold in the US... or in Canada... or in the UK....  or  wherever....

A distributor may only have rights to sell within a specific country... and selling in another country violates his agreement with the manufacturer....

----------------------------------------------

Or he could be a dropshipper... with the inventory located in the US

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

I will go with the

"Mistake"  option.

Because at the bottom of the listing it says.

FREE SHIPPING TO CANADA AND U.S

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

Shipping is FREE, Standard Shipping from outside the US..

Seller is located in Canada....

However, inventory may not be in Canada....or in the US...

How one lists location is difficult for a dropshipper......  Do you show where seller lives  or where the inventory is...

Also  Seller may not live in Canada..... or routinely lives elsewhere,  but goes to school in Canada.

Sellers can do what is necessary  as long as what they do is legal

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

The seller probably doesn't ship to Canada because too many of them use echeques!  ]:)

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

messed up listings?

wyld_black_wolf, I'm glad to see that you did not use your entire hidden personality on your frightened masses of devotees.  In your own polite indoor voice, please devulge the hidden message of you rant.  I am a wannabe follower of yours.   

Message 13 of 13
latest reply