Canadian taxes

yasga97
Community Member
I am an international student in Canada I would like to sell through dropshipping some calendars on eBay for the new year. I will be selling from September till end of January that’s it I won’t be selling anything after that. and I’m not interested in opening an eBay business just casual selling this one time only.
I’ve sold calendars in the past before I came to Canada that’s how I know the timeframe.
My question is how do I report the sales in taxes? And do I need to register as a business if I need to register a business I won’t sell anything because as I said it’s a one time thing so it’s not worth the hassle. And can the money go to my personal bank account?
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Canadian taxes

I'd check with the International Students office at your university.

It's my belief that a student visa does not allow you to work while you are here, even if you are self-employed. 

You are supposed to arrive with enough resources /money to support yourself and not to "take a job" from an immigrant, permanent resident, or citizen.

Ah.

You are allowed to work limited hours.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus...

Before you list anything set up a Managed Payments account so you can get paid.

EBay needs two forms of government issued  identification and a chequing account with a Canadian bank.

Depending on your home country a Payoneer account may be more useful -- or you can register in your home country and list on dotCA, dot COM, or any site around the world.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply