Can we hide users on the community

I do have the same 3 or 4 users feeding a thread i do with personal attacks and answering with hostility on regular basis, and circlejerking on that. Past months i've been forced to request to lock many threads because i could not reply in my own threads, knowing anything i would add would drive into more personal attacks. Threads are answered with bad intentions and focus isnt on the actual subjects. I wish i could post freely and keep using the boards, but sometimes i feel close to harrassed. I feel attacked. This is not normal. It's always the same users. It used to be friendly and enjoyable in here back a year or two before, now sometimes it's reddit-like. 

Is there any way to hide users on the community? I would like to hide those users answers and posting activities. 

I see when clicking on the right of messages that there is an option 'mute', but it's greyd. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

There's an arrow at the top right of each post and one of the dropdowns is Mute.

I think that will hide that particular member's posts from you, but not from other participants in the thread.

I don't always agree with you, but most of the time you ask pretty useful questions or give decent advice. I'm sorry to hear that some members don't have enough perspective to understand that disagreement is not a terrible thing.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

One moderator answered me in private and actually the mute button is to turn notifications off only. And it's not activated on this community, it's why it's greyd. There is no way to block or hide a user. Which is strange to me. Cause it means that if posts are not directly against rules, basically relentlessness and harassment is allowed. I could stalk you and reply negatively to every single thing you post, and there's nothing you can do. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can report posts and the mods may take them off. They may also ban the posters for a while IF they feel there is a good reason to do so.  

However, the best thing in my opinion is not to keep replying to those posts that you feel are argumentative. It takes at least 2 to carry on an argument. 

There are certain forum rules that are supposed to be followed.  I haven't looked at them for a while so don't remember where they are, but they exist.  But posters shouldn't need rules to know that they should respect other opinions.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply