Account setting - Personal information and privacy - Addresses

If you click on Account  settings under your eBay ID top left corner of most eBay web pages, you are brought to a newer My eBay Account settings page. In the first section Personal information and privacy, click on the link below labelled Addresses. It displays five different sections. Registration address, Shipping address, Ship from address, Return address, Payment and pickup address. Each has an edit link beside them. 

I dislike that it does not tell you what to do here. First it should show you what the addresses are in each section with an edit button beside it. Not force you to edit each section to see what is there.

When I first went here when checking my account for correct addresses I had nothing in the last four address sections. The first section brought me back to personal information and showed me my name, phone number, email and address. I went back to the Addresses page, I did not know if the Registration address was the default for other four Address sections. Nothing told me the registration address would be used. I think it would but had no idea. So I filled in my address which is the same as my registration address in each section. I had to be careful to review I did it correctly each time and save it.  Then edit each again to see if it was saved and correct. It showed me the current address entered and an edit button. Easy to see now.

I remember that in one of the last two sections there was a check box say Use registration address but it did nothing but generate an error message saying no address info was filled in. I had to enter the address manually. The check box is not working apparently. 

I think each of the last four sections should have that check box and fill it in if the registration address is used for all.

Very confused when filling out this Addresses section.

tyler@ebay 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Account setting - Personal information and privacy - Addresses

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for providing this input @richardcm - I'll make sure the proper people are aware of it. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 2
latest reply