Attaching photos via eBay messages: No response from server

I've run into a problem. In trying to resolve a transaction problem I'd like to send a photo through ebay's email and/or 'Messages' forum.

Initially I attached a 3.5MB photo via email and sent it to a @members.ebay.com. address and subsequently learned that eBay prohibits member-to-member emails to containing images; the email wasn't delivered. 

Apparently one can use eBay's 'Messages' forum for the purpose of sharing/sending images but I've had no luck: every time I try to upload an image the process aborts with the notification "No response from server. Please try again." 

Any clues?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What browser are you using and what version of that browser? It might be something outdated that is glitchy. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@linguinee wrote:

... I'd like to send a photo through ebay's email and/or 'Messages' forum.

... Apparently one can use eBay's 'Messages' forum for the purpose of sharing/sending images but I've had no luck: every time I try to upload an image the process aborts with the notification "No response from server. Please try again." 

Although allowed, I think you're pushing your luck with any photo over 1meg in size, too easy to have a server time out during the upload period and have it get rejected.  Try compressing the image.

according to eBay:

You can send certain types of attachments to the Messages inbox of another eBay member: You can only send photos in .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, or .tif file formats.

The total message size must be less than 5MB.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/email-undelivered.html

-..-

Message 3 of 3
latest reply