Does anyone else have this problem between ebay .com and .ca

I can log into Ebay Canada on my desktop but as soon as I want to send a message to a buyer, either in response to an offer, or just to answer a general question, even though I'm already in my messages on .ca, I am forced to log into .com in order to send a message. This seems ludricous.

My Ebay app on my phone seems to work better with messages (in that there is no additional login required) but in using the app and the desktop, I have now been charged twice for a shipping label because I viewed it on the app but 'purchased' it (Hit the Purchase Shipping Label) only on the desktop.

Ebay tells me they cannot refund one of these labels and that I have to deal with Canada Post to cancel/get a refund but I have only ever printed and used one label.

The supposed second label has the consecutive number to the first when I view my financial statement but there was no second label.

I will carry on trying to get this sorted but this being forced to re-login to Ebay.com to deal with messages that have arrived and viewed on Ebay.ca is truly puzzling.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I always use .ca and I have never been forced to log into .com for messages. This is regardless of where the buyer/person I'm messaging is from. The only time I've been forced into .com is on the occassional time they wanted my feedback or for a survey (after talking to customer service usually). I guess there is no customer service dedicated solely to Canada and that is why it is all done from there so it automatically brings you over. Maybe you had done something from .com that keeps bringing you back. Maybe sign out of both .ca (and make sure you're out of .com) then back in just in case there is something confusing the system.

That is awful about the shipping label, I know I only use my desktop for any purchases (labels or purchasing any items myself). I've always feared the dreaded double buy which looks like has happened to you. It sounds like you used eBay labels which would be a little trickier to get a refund but I would have still thought you could. As long as the label hasn't been used or scanned it should be able to be cancelled.

I use Shippo and while it takes a while to get a refund for unused label they certainly do refund it.

If you don't have a Small Business account with Canada Post you should get one and all your labels/shipping info would be copied over there and probably easier to get a refund (though I've not had to do it myself).

Even though I use Shippo 98% of the time, the info still carries over to my Canada Post account.

Try Canada Post customer service if eBay is getting you no where. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The phone reps do not work for eBay so don't bother with them. They work for a subcontractor out of Utah.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply