Extra log in request

I am trying to find out why when I am already logged in do I need to log in again to view my Personal information?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Extra log in request

It's just an extra layer of security. Seeing personal information and the ability to change that important information is kept safer than everywhere else. Most people don't access their personal information very often so when anyone does, that extra step of logging in again is just for safety. I've seen this on other sites also.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Extra log in request

It is NOT an extra login request, it is a verification of your identity to prevent fraud and account theft.

The most BASIC of online shopping is logging out and logging in to your account regularly to protect your identity.

After you’ve registered with eBay, you should sign in to your account whenever you’re looking to buy, sell, or just browse. Once you’re signed in, we can personalize your shopping experience and show you items you might like based on your interests.

Looking to sign up for an eBay account? You’ll find everything you need to know in our article on creating an account

You’ll need to sign in to your account to access My eBay, where you can keep track of all your buying and selling activities, view items you’ve saved to your watch list, and find your favorite sellers and searches. You’ll also need to be signed in to exchange messages with other eBay members.

You can sign in using your email or username, or with Facebook, Google, or Apple, if you’ve linked your accounts.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/account/signing-account/signing-account?id=4189&st=3&pos=2&query=Signing%20...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply