Is eBay consolidating and deleting your product variances and UPC’s?

Reaching out to the selling community, need to see if other sellers are experiencing this as well. 

Today’s site issue is the removal of variances from within the listing and the consolidation of quantities. UPC’s for all product variances are also gone.

An example is this pair of soccer cleats - view the listings and its clear that there sizes available to purchase. The UPC for the selected size is no longer showing in the item specific box. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Adidas-Mundial-Team-Leather-TF-Cleats-/172323295161?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Attached image shows missing variance option within the listing as well as the quantity field. Entering a single upc in the field available will still not save.

All products in our store that have a variance are effected this way so its not exclusive to this listing or category. 

eBay has been contacted and the issue confirmed but there has been no advise or timeline for a resolution other than contacting their technical team to review.

This issue was not present on listings that were revised may 29-31 and was identified today.

Is there anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I can't speak to your exact situation but I can tell you that one of the first problems I identified with the Product Catalogue almost two years ago is that on Bulk Edit or any other kind of edit which allows the Item Description or Item Specifics to be altered, the Product Catalogue will overwrite with incorrect data all other CORRECT DATA that you may have specified when and where it finds what it thinks is a match based on UPC. 

It's like the Kiss of Death.

Do whatever you need to do in order to avoid completely the Bulk Editor or Revise Listing. 

It will kill all of your Item Specifics which includes UPC data.

My biggest problem is with Hot Wheels. There are literally thousands of the most basic Hot Wheels diecasts that may or may not share the same UPC number but are in fact COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and ebay thinks they're all the first one they found and then if I let the Product Catalogue make a match (often without my knowledge or consent) it will overwrite all my correct data with their drastically incorrect stuff. There is no warning, it is matched, overwritten and published without the seller knowing. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

As to the issue of Variations in Listings, I have none running. I cannot comment at all on that aspect.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I experience the same problem since last night.  Can't edit any of my variation.  There's still there and people are able to buy but I can't update anything on them since it's no longer there.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thanks for the feed back, 

Looks like eBay once again can confirm a new problem but provide no timeline for a repair, and potentially months before its even looked at. 

They apparently have updated a number of categories in their catalogue and the removal variations is something thats been done, 

the only work around is to put effected products into a store category that has variances available regardless if its an appropriate category for the product you are selling. All lost/deleted data as a result of the problem needs to be re-entered. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply