Multiple Offers to Same Seller

Hello all,

Anyone know how I can make a best offer on several different items at once to the same seller?

As it stands, if I make an offer on one item it goes to my cart, and I must pay for it before I can make another offer on another item to the same seller.

If I send several offers at the same time to one seller, I am hoping that they will be more willing to sell them at a lower cost and I can also save on shipping.

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Probably best to message the seller as they may already know a work around for this.

Sometimes sellers have "Accept offers of at least...." so if you tried one in that criteria it's going directly to the cart. There have been several posts here with people (sellers) having trouble trying to combine offers and many have had to devise their own way to do it. If this seller has encountered this before he/she may have a way. Have you tried messaging them directly from one of their listings?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Not yet, but I will give this a try. thanks.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sellers usually love making multiple sales, but it is helpful if the buyer contacts them before bidding.

One problem overlooked is that the shipping cost may be higher to ship several items together than if they had been shipped separately.

With Free Shipping the seller's cost of shipping is included in the asking price,so normally the buyer can get a better deal when the seller can adjust their pricing because of those lower costs.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Sellers usually love making multiple sales, but it is helpful if the buyer contacts them before bidding.

One problem overlooked is that the shipping cost may be higher to ship several items together than if they had been shipped separately.

With Free Shipping the seller's cost of shipping is included in the asking price,so normally the buyer can get a better deal when the seller can adjust their pricing because of those lower costs.

@reallynicestamps 

Combined shipping works great for 4 hockey cards, 4 comic box or 4 dvds. Not so good for a collection of plush bears or power tools. In those situations the math/prepacking IS required to confirm close to accurately. Optimum before payment. Now if someone would just add a box to the listing tool so you add the weight for just the item vs weight of item + a box that would be a major step in the right direction.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The seller may have their preferences set to charge a buyer right away for offers.  They may be willing to turn off that option for now.  They may not even realize that the option is on. The option to turn this off and on is at the bottom of the following page.

https://www.ebay.ca/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

The seller may have their preferences set to charge a buyer right away for offers.  They may be willing to turn off that option for now.  They may not even realize that the option is on. The option to turn this off and on is at the bottom of the following page.

https://www.ebay.ca/bmgt/buyerrequirements

@wilarms_43 

Hopefully this is not affecting the OP or any other sellers. For some reason eBay has recently disabled the seller setting for contact with customers.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1706385058185.png

Gives you this dreaded message:

https://www.ebay.ca/n/error

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1706385098227.png

Makes it difficult to confirm status of your settings.

-Lotz

PS. Pointing out just as an FYI.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply