Nothing shows up when trying to calculate shipping for selling

When I try to click "Calculate shipping" to select the available shipping services for buyers, I type in the dimensions and weight, but no results show. The attached screenshot is what it looks like. When I try to select a service anyway directly in the listing and post it, the shipping costs do not show for any buyer and simply state that they cannot be calculated. This means buyers will never buy the item because they don't know how much the shipping is. Can somebody help me? This problem has been occurring for a month or two now. I thought it may have been a server issue, but this seems to be something persistent. If it's possible to manually set shipping costs like I could in the past, that can work as well.
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Looking at your screenshot it appears you haven't chosen any shipping services yet. Once you have services added you should be able to see. Hope that solves your problem.

-CM

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Believe me, I've tried everything. There are literally no options to choose from even if I wanted to, because nothing shows. Please look at the screenshot again. Normally in the shipping calculator, you should be able to choose the available shipping services from a list of options that pop up, right below the Canada Post logo. There is nothing there. I reviewed some older listings I made, and the shipping calculator works fine on them. This issue is strictly affecting new listings.
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Are you creating listings with the phone app? If so, I'm not personally familiar. I create all my listings on a pc.  Have heard there "were" some problems with a recent update to the app and unsure if they were resolved. Believe they tried to go back but had no luck. The other explanation I have heard is the eBay app could be considered eBay Lite so missing a lot of the standard bells and whistles.

-CM

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Nope, online.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

You may have to try the eBay customer service test your patience phone number and they may be able to see something you are not.

-CM

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I continued to fiddle around with the shipping calculator, and I think I managed to get it working again. It seems that the shipping calculator refuses to show you options if your dimensions are too small. However, this seems unreasonable since some items can be small. In any case, I'll consider this "solved," but I do advise eBay to add a minimum in their shipping calculator whenever people try to enter dimensions that are too small.
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

This link should point you in the right direction. The specific requirements are listed in the fan folds.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/default-e.asp?ecid=murl07001139

-CM

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Yeah, I figured out the problem already. It's fine now. I was just saying that eBay should add in some minimum dimension warnings for the unknowing seller. In its current state, anyone who tries to put in small dimensions would become just as confused as me since they wouldn't know what's wrong; they put the right dimensions in but nothing shows up.
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I'm confused.

I've never seen that page before, and about 10% of my listings use Calculated Shipping.

Is it on the (over) simplified Sell Your Item form?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

When you list an item, if you head to the shipping section, you have to choose from Calculated, Flat, etc. It might be strictly an eBay Canada thing, but if you click Calculated, there's a button called "Calculate Shipping" available, which attempts to use your local postal service (Canada Post in my case) to offer their available service options for the dimensions, weight, and location you input. The Calculate Shipping feature is mostly a means to allow you to determine which services are available for your shipping specifications; a compatibility check. I don't know whether it's available for the USPS in the USA, though. The reason why I made this post was because nothing would show on that page no matter what I tried, but then when I randomly increased the dimensions, the options started to show again. It turns out that there was a minimum dimensions requirement that eBay had not put in a warning about on the calculator.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Was a new one on me also. Have never seen that particular view. Personally, can't figure out why there is the Calculate build into the Sellers Hub that was released months ago (never fixed) that brings you to a dot com calculator with measurements transposed in imperial and US mailing services. Major head scratcher.

https://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator?isOrder=false&parentPageName=ListingConsoleActive&itemId=

-CM

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Since I only use Calculated Shipping when my item is too large for letter rate, and then only on dotCA, I've never had a use for it.

I wonder if the eBay Canada staff are even aware of the problem?

the Calculate build into the Sellers Hub that was released months ago (never fixed) that brings you to a dot com calculator with measurements transposed in imperial and US mailing services.

tyler@ebay

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

That is the exact page that clicking "Calculate Shipping" bring you to, actually. However, the form auto-fills with any specifications you've already written in the listing, and if you pick some shipping services, the calculator will fill out your listing with them. At the same time, IF the calculator fails to give you results and you try to post the listing anyway as Calculated instead of Flat, you'll come across the issue of your listing saying that the shipping cannot be calculated whenever a buyer views it. The reason why Calculated is better than Flat has to do with location; you don't want to set one flat price for every single province/state since places closer to you would be cheaper.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

It's been mentioned a few times during the weekly. Possibly partially investigated but never fixed. I've found other links in Sellers Hub that bring you to dot com, but that calculate one just is very glaring as far as glitches go. 

-CM

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Okay.

The basic problem has been asked before, and the usual answer has been to check that the dimensions fit with the service chosen.

And if your package is too small -- either put it in a larger envelope or lie fudge the actual dimension.

Don't do this if your package is too big.

From the general style, that's a relatively new page and the problem was being dealt with as I just described for several years.

So basically they added a step without actually telling the seller what the real problem is.

Sigh.

This might help, although you probably already have it bookmarked.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @iseiyaku - I know that you've already gotten a handle on the issue here, but wanted to share a cheat sheet from @ichopshop that's really helped me since they shared it. I like that this one has both minimums and maximums. I'll get your feedback input to the right teams in the mean time. Hope this helps!Canadapost cheat sheet.jpg

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

I get the same thing as screen shot but only when calculating shipping from canada to usa
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018.

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice and information may be out of date and no longer accurate.

It would be best to start a new thread with your own screenshot of what you see.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

What are the dimensions that you are entering?  In the original post, the package was too small for any package service.

They will probably lock this 5 year old thread now that it has been resurrected so if you still need help, please start a new thread.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply