Pictures on all listings cut in half

gkbdmv
Community Member

All of a sudden, now when I click on any listing when it comes up the items picture is cut in half and the picture box is only half full. In other words if I look at a dollar bill for sale when I click on the listing the picture in the ad only shows the top half of the bill. Any suggestions. This just started happening on my iPad. No other problems are noticed on my iPad just the main listing pictures on eBay 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I see the same thing on my iPad.  It probably is just a temporary glitch

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

That definitely makes me feel better. Thought it was something I did.

I appreciate your response!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I've also seen that, I was revising a listing at the time so I deleted and uploaded the pic again but doing so made no difference.

Lately, at times I've also noticed them fooling around with my postcard listing thumbnails. Postcards are of course not square so the listing thumbnails have always had a bar of white padding above and below the image, works fine no problem at all. It looks like they're testing some sort of new "smart" software that produces a square thumbnail, I don't know what criteria the software uses to choose the cropped area but some of the results were truly awful. Not every thumbnail got the treatment, maybe 1 in 10 listings were impacted. So far I've come across only one listing where the actual gallery image had been cropped beyond recognition.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for your response! The problem I'm having is all listing pictures when you first click on the listing are cut in half. Not just my listings but everyone's listings. I can click on the 1/2 picture and then view all the pictures downloaded on the listing just fine but when I go back to the listing page the picture is cut in half. I've tried changing browsers, Safari,  Google Chrome, and Google but the problem doesn't go away. No ther problems are happening. Just the one picture on the main listing page of all listings on eBay are halved. ???? It's got me stumped! 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Every listing, that's terrible. No idea what the fix might be. In list view are the thumbnails normal, or are they chopped too?
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

In list view everything is normal. I can scroll all the listings in list view or gallery view until I click on a listing and then the picture on the listing cuts in half. If I get out of the listing the pictures all are normal.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

When I click on the pic to zoom in I can see the full picture.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@gkbdmv wrote:

Thanks for your response! The problem I'm having is all listing pictures when you first click on the listing are cut in half. Not just my listings but everyone's listings. I can click on the 1/2 picture and then view all the pictures downloaded on the listing just fine but when I go back to the listing page the picture is cut in half. I've tried changing browsers, Safari,  Google Chrome, and Google but the problem doesn't go away. No ther problems are happening. Just the one picture on the main listing page of all listings on eBay are halved. ???? It's got me stumped! 

FWIW, all of the images in your listings look fine to me on a Win 10 laptop running FireFox.

Post-cap1.jpg...and because of the higher native resolution of your images, the main photo hover effect is spectacularly clean and clear:  

Post-cap2.jpg

So take heart. However your main photo is displaying to you, it is likely localized to your desktop/device and/or browser. Since you mentioned Safari, that would be an Apple environment, so I'm guessing this is some kind of image scripting call not translating correctly cross-platform. Such things usually clear up automatically via background driver or browser update.

Beats me, but a least be reassured that you images are solid.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for your message! My lap top is displaying all pictures fine as well, the problem appears to be isolated to my iPad for some reason.... Thanks again for the info, much appreciated!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Quite a few people are having the same problem though not always on an ipad. There is a thread on the .com boards.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Images-in-listings-not-fully-showing-Only-...

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the info! On the .com forum one person said they fixed the problem by clearing their browsing history. Just tried that and no change. Still the half picture problem.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply