Recieving Payment

Well after many many  on-line chats to support, I am no closer to being able to recieve payment for recent sale.

In spite of being a member for 24 years and 100% feedback, Ebay has been unable to transfer the funds to my Canadian bank of choice, Funds aquired from a sale on the US site,  I have offered to supply a link my bank offered through  Wells Fargo bank of NY using a Swift code, but apparently Ebay is unable to offer a means of including this option.

I did not anticipate this as in the past I had always recieved it through Paypal. So far it seems to stump the support I have contacted, One suggestion offered was to shop around until i find a bank that will possibly work, but after reading of others that have tried this to no avail, I am loath to go through all this process, which in reality should be a simple transaction. I would like to know if there is a way of contacting a support person with the right knowledge capable of solving this issue.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Recieving Payment

This is an ongoing problem that eBay could have solved by making it impossible to list before having a Managed Payment account ready to go. devon@ebay 

You need a chequing  account in a Canadian bank. Many sellers opened an account dedicated to online sales. You need to provide ID - I used my passport, DH his driving license.

And the names on your eBay, MP, and bank account must match exactly.

If your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, you cannot have a bank account as J J  Jingleheimer Smith , a Managed Payment account as John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, and an eBay account as JJJ Smith.

But the person on Chat was right. Banks that work for some will not work for others. No one has been able to figure out why. I had one Simplii account attached to two MP accounts, one of which was suddenly closed and the other continues to work just fine. Sheesh.

The idea of using US banks has been touted, especially by those who have been selling mostly in USD, but apparently this has something to do with stricter US tax laws.

The best support seems to be the social media Chats which are covered by eBay employees. (The phones are subcontracted and those reps often struggle with concepts like "Canada is a sovereign nation ")

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The Facebook team gets the most props. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Recieving Payment

@hitech007 

Since you have read some posts about similar problems I will assume that you know the problem seems to affect ebayers who registered on .com before .ca existed.   Have you tried to sign up with Managed Payments on .ca using a chequing account ($US or $C) in a Canadian based bank account?  Previously it was possible for .com registered members to do that.  It doesn't seem to be working right now for some but you won't know unless you try.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Recieving Payment

I agree with @reallynicestamps that it is not right that eBay lets sellers list an item without requiring them to set up a MP account.  Too many sellers are finding that they sell an item and are then unable to or have problems setting set up a MP account so that they eBay will give them the funds that the buyer has already paid without having to so3nd hours trying to set up an account.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply