Shipping info screen gone

gauld
Community Member

What is going on with Ebay today? I had 1 item that was due to ship out today and wanted to ship out a few other items too and all I get today when I go to the page to get the info to ship the items all day is (so no ability to ship anymore):

"It’s not you. It’s us.

Our server is down, but we’ll have things back to normal soon. If you still need help, visit our help pages "

Unfortuantely on top of that Ebay removed most of my contact us page about a year ago so I can't even contact them let them know the problem. I guess the customer will have to have to get their item shipped a day late because of it as long as they fix it tonight.

How can we run an Ebay business with so many errors and glitches all the time.  I'm glad this fixed issue wtih sending out offers because I was getting Not eligible to send out this offer many times in the past month or so sales were dropping because of it more then they have for the past year. When asles are at 20% of what they should be and it drops ... that's even worse.

I hope they fix the site soon .... this error if it continues could pretty much ruin EBay if in time noone can ship stuff out anymore.

thanks
-Bill

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The glitches are annoying, but they tend to only affect a few people at a time (which is probably why they seem to be so hard to fix).  Try opening eBay in a private browsing window (Firefox), incognito mode (Chrome), or InPrivate window (Edge). That should force the newest code versions to be used and rule out any potential conflicts with addons.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Okay, so this is happening to me now too on multiple browsers (it was fine earlier).  I was able to temporarily get around it by going to the listing itself that sold. In the green bar above the listing that says you sold the item, click on "view order details".  It worked for my shipments tonight and several others in my sold history, but still failed on at least one recent one in my solds. 

devon@ebay  It appears the server is rejecting some of the extra crud in the link if you view order details from the orders screen. After some quick testing, it appears to be unhappy with the mode variable. I have no idea what that does, but the link to the order details from the item page doesn't have it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply