eBay Rate Calculator to compare standard vs discounted

In just attempting a test the eBay discounted rate calculator no longer includes expedited to USA. Only options that display are Small Packet Air and Tracked. Fedex is still DOA and UPS was never added. Tool was good for anyone that uses Flat Rate shipping. It works fine for Canadian services. Regular parcel comparisons still display correctly.

devon@ebay   FYI

Expedited/Xpresspost/Priority Post are available services with Canadapost required for shipping to the USA for anything over 2 Kg

0 to 2.0 Kg

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1710366079160.png

2.0 Kg and above:

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1710366562275.png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It's also missing Xpresspost US.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You are having the same issue as I am.  Your listings that are needing to be sent using anything but tracked packet are showing up to our US customers like the photo I attached.  

Yesterday I had a US customer contact me for shipping costs.  Tonight I had a US customer purchase an item.  When I went to send him an invoice, the only choices he had been offered was FED EX (Super expensive-and not even a choice I offer to US customers)  He cancelled the order before I even had a chance to contact him. I have been in touch with ebay help twice already and tried just about everything on my end.  

If you go to your listing for the acer laptop, click on see details under shipping.  Then click where it says change country and click on United States.  You will then see what our US Customers are seeing.  

NOTE: You will continue to see listings like you are in the US until you go back and change it into Canada.

This is a great feature that allows us, sellers to see what the costs are for different places.  Apparently, not even their help center is aware that we can do this.  The last agent I spoke with kept asking me what US buyer ID I was using to see my listings.  UGGG!!!

I hope someone from Ebay will see this.  How many sales are we losing because most customers are not going to contact us about shipping info, they are going to move on to a listing where the shipping is visible. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@hinchhouse wrote:

You are having the same issue as I am.  Your listings that are needing to be sent using anything but tracked packet are showing up to our US customers like the photo I attached.  

Yesterday I had a US customer contact me for shipping costs.  Tonight I had a US customer purchase an item.  When I went to send him an invoice, the only choices he had been offered was FED EX (Super expensive-and not even a choice I offer to US customers)  He cancelled the order before I even had a chance to contact him. I have been in touch with ebay help twice already and tried just about everything on my end.  

If you go to your listing for the acer laptop, click on see details under shipping.  Then click where it says change country and click on United States.  You will then see what our US Customers are seeing.  

NOTE: You will continue to see listings like you are in the US until you go back and change it into Canada.

This is a great feature that allows us, sellers to see what the costs are for different places.  Apparently, not even their help center is aware that we can do this.  The last agent I spoke with kept asking me what US buyer ID I was using to see my listings.  UGGG!!!

I hope someone from Ebay will see this.  How many sales are we losing because most customers are not going to contact us about shipping info, they are going to move on to a listing where the shipping is visible. 

devon@ebay 

See above.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@hinchhouse 

The problem you are describing is not the same as what the original poster is referring to.  He is talking the eBay calculator that you look at before you list, not on  the listing itself.  Did you read my reply on your first post?  If you can give some info on that other post that I asked for someone here might be able to figure out where the problem is.   There is definitely a problem but we need to narrow down what is going on before calling an eBay rep. They can only help if we have specific information.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I checked their listings and noticed that the shipping to the US is showing up the same way as mine is.  Seems to be on anything that must be sent using anything but tracked packet US.  It directs the customer to contact the seller for shipping information.  Please see my attachment.  This is my listing, but the original posters listings are also showing up this way.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Lotz does have shipping not specified on some of their listings but I don't think it has anything to do with what he was describing in his original post as that calculator is to precheck prices, it isn't for showing what services you are using on your listings.

Some of your listings that I checked do use expedited USA are working.  I also see a price on your Batcycle for shipping to the US. Do you see it now when you look at with a US zip code?

You do have 3 items that I can't see a price for on the search page but when I click on the listing itself, it shows me a price for UPS.  Items 395261192299, 395264704809 and 395264843696.

So if a US potential buyer clicks on the listing they will see a shipping cost but they may not bother clicking on it if they don't see a cost.  I don't know if the problem is when using UPS or not.  I'm hesitant about using Fedex or UPS because there are often surcharges once the item has been delivered but you may not be having that problem. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Lotz does have shipping not specified on some of their listings but I don't think it has anything to do with what he was describing in his original post as that calculator is to precheck prices, it isn't for showing what services you are using on your listings.

Some of your listings that I checked do use expedited USA are working.  I also see a price on your Batcycle for shipping to the US. Do you see it now when you look at with a US zip code?

You do have 3 items that I can't see a price for on the search page but when I click on the listing itself, it shows me a price for UPS.  Items 395261192299, 395264704809 and 395264843696.

So if a US potential buyer clicks on the listing they will see a shipping cost but they may not bother clicking on it if they don't see a cost.  I don't know if the problem is when using UPS or not.  I'm hesitant about using Fedex or UPS because there are often surcharges once the item has been delivered but you may not be having that problem. 

@pjcdn2005 

@hinchhouse 

If there any listings that should be showing shipping but aren't it could be measurement issues. Unfortunately ebay gives an error message only when measurements prescribed by CP are over before posting, but not under. If the measurements don't meet the guidelines it just hides the service from buyers.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply