eBay continually changing my listings to "Or Best Offer"

totr13
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

"Your listing can now accept offers to attract more buyers"

Is anyone else out there getting really tired of eBay continually changing their listings from "Buy It Now" to "Or Best Offer"? I've phoned and complained, and have been told it's an automated system that they can't turn "On" or "Off" for individual sellers.

It just feels so good that eBay's looking out for me! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Basically, eBay doesn't care if your item is worth anything or not. They are in it for the selling fees. So if they can pressure you to lower prices and even if it means lower fees for them, they want the instant fix of a fast sale.

eBay essentially has found a way to punish / harass dead stock.

Just keep in mind you don't have to accept any offers.

I view eBay like a pawn shop. Think your item is worth something? Just like a pawn shop, you ain't getting much more than 10-20 % of what it's worth. (I used to work in a pawn shop, so the analogy fits)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

For a given value of "what it's worth".

Back in the Good Old Days, I put up a consigned fanzine (a periodical put together by a science fiction fan- the forerunner of a blog) which had originally sold for 25c and it got $600 at auction.

For most things sold, there is a market price that we can learn, eventually.

The value of the item is what someone will pay for it. Whether its a box of cereal, a Picasso, or a used dress.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Do the following, starting June 1 of each year,

Starting June 1 and ending June 30  all  listings that will end a 30 day cycle on a specific day will be ended at 8:00 AM.... and relisted at 6:00 Pm.

The end result is that there are no listings older than 12 months..... in a store..... or without a store.

End--- Relist..... also stimulates sales...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply