Funds held in Paypal and treated as a 'new seller' even though I'm 100% since 2002.

watts17
Community Member

I've been selling with eBay since 2002 but after a hiatus from selling I started up again and have holds put on my funds until after the item is delivered and no complaints. I've never had this happen before in all my years and have met 2 of the requirements but will never meet the third one which is after 25 sales. I would like this ridiculous restriction taken off and go back to enjoying selling on eBay. Paypal takes their share of my profits right away but I have to wait. Anyone else have this problem and feel like moving over to Tradesy?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Funds held in Paypal and treated as a 'new seller' even though I'm 100% since 2002.

Been with Ebay since '00 and they did that to me too.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

but after a hiatus from selling

From eBay's point of view,you are a new seller. And with all the constant drip drip drip of changes, you are.

but will never meet the third one which is after 25 sales.

Which is the standard all sellers must reach before the Hold is removed.

Actually the Hold lasts longer in some highvalue/highfraud categories. Not relevant to you, it is also imposed on sellers with any amount of sales who accumulate violations or defects.

Your only way out of this is to get more items listed and sold. You can list up to 50 items Free at any given time, and there are constant promotions that allow 100's or 1000's of Free Listings.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

With less than 10 feedbacks as a seller and only one this year, you are considered a new seller. Even before ebay started using the 12 month rule (you have only feedback in the past 12 months), your feedback is low as a seller. They don't go by when you started. 

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply