It's hard to get your money back

backhoe_56
Community Member
It's been over two months and I still don't have my ebike battery yet . eBay has told me twice to wait two more weeks twice . Why are they being so difficult

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

@backhoe_56 

Is your ebike battery lithium by chance? Was it purchased from Canada or the USA. According to a couple of searches they can be shipped domestically but difficult to ship Internationally.

Most eBikes use lithium batteries, which can be dangerous to ship. That doesn't mean it's impossible to ship them, though. There are just a lot of hoops to jump through, from packing the shipments properly to getting the right certification and paperwork.

Do you have any tracking details for shipment? If it was held up with customs there may be appropriate updates for your shipment. If it's past the delivery date time to put in a request for a refund as per previous answers.

-Lotz

marnotom!
Community Member
I suspect it’s the seller from whom you bought your item that’s been telling you to wait, not eBay.

Pursue your refund as suggested by @mcrimm. Assure that seller that you’ll pay them again if the battery arrives in its promised condition after you’ve been given a refund.

EBay gave you a window for delivery. If the last estimated date in that window has passed, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open a Not Received Dispute.

If the date has not passed you will be unable to open the Dispute.

Like the other posters, I doubt you have been corresponding with eBay. Your seller has been putting you off.

Do you have a tracking number? If so, where does the tracking show that the battery is now?

If the delivery window has closed you have only 30 days for the Dispute to be opened.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

There is no need for any further communication with the seller.

If the window closed more than 30 days ago, you are covered  for 180 days from payment by Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

You are also covered by the credit card you back your PP account with, but they are the last appeal.

Start with eBay, if that is too late, go to PP. 

I agree that the problem may be that importing lithium batteries is very difficult.

However, if the seller does not give you a working tracking number, it is also possible that nothing was ever sent, even that the seller has never had any batteries.

mcrlmn
Community Member

I'll assume eBay's estimated delivery date has passed.

There is no need for any more ongoing back and forth messaging. and posturing.

Open an "I haven't received it yet" case.
Go to the Resolution Centre and follow the directions.

Ask a Question