Seller has not issued refund and won't respond; how do I proceed?

I purchased an item and immediately decided to return it, as it was not the correct part number.  The seller approved of the return and I shipped the item back, but the seller has not issued a refund. It's been over a month and they are not responding. I don't seem to be able to open a ticket for not receiving a refund. I'm wondering how I should proceed to resolve the issue?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller has not issued refund and won't respond; how do I proceed?

Since it is probably more than 45 days from purchase, you won't be able to open an eBay dispute. That deadline is firm.

Two things may have happened with your return. If you shipped overseas by (cheap) Surface shipping, it won't arrive for upwards of three months. Your seller won't want to refund until he has his item back.

Or you may have used a (cheap) untracked service. A sketchey seller may decide that since you can't prove delivery, that he doesn't have to refund. Unethical, and most people are honest, but it can happen.

However.

Go to the credit card you really paid with. (Paypal is just a mediator) Phone the 1-800 customer service number on the back of the card and ask the clerk about a chargeback. She will need your dates , transaction numbers, payments, etc. to do the refund.

But act immediately. Cards have longer deadlines but they do have deadlines. And I hope you have at least Proof of Mailing for the rep, some cards will accept that, while others want Proof of Delivery.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply