contact eBay unpaid item appeal I have message from the seller explaining that she has been paid

There is any unpaid item case against me. I have a message from the seller saying that she has the money and is sending the item. How to I get this message to eBay and get that unpaid item cleared? This is very important!

Thank you,

Susan

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

contact eBay unpaid item appeal I have message from the seller explaining that she has been paid

Use this link to file an appeal:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/appeal-unpaid-item.html

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

How disappointing your "answer" is!!
I thought I explained that the seller had the money and was sending ;the item! So I am NOT a "non payer"!! I have already tried your link and many others; as I do not like to waste people's time! Not of a concern for you it would seem.

I still have now help in how to contact eBay. The instructions tell what info is needed and talk of a form to fill out. But I cannot see how to get the form and there is no email, or any other manner of contacting the entity known of eBay--except via fax which is not easy for me to accomplish.

I used PayPal, a sister company of eBay--they are in bed together with regard to payments, etc.; so using PayPal should ensure a defense against non-payment marks.

I acted in good faith. Now I would like to see some good faith from eBay and you.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Just FYI, the user nubian_treasures is not an ebay employee, they are just giving you the link to appeal the unpaid item. You are asking this question in a user-to-user help forum.

I'm not sure how their "answer" is disappointing. You need to prove that you paid. Saying that you did, doesn't work with eBay or their sister company Paypal. By using the link nubian_treasures gave would get the message to eBay and get that unpaid item cleared. If the seller agrees you have paid, why did they file a UID against you?

If the method in the link is not suitable, I'm sure there are alternatives. Have you tried contacting eBay by phone? Paypal?

eBay Canada Customer Support Phone Numbers: http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/cuhome?
Paypal Canada Customer Support Phone Numbers: https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I know that you people are not employees; however, IF you are going to hold yourselves out there as helpers, it behooves you to really read the questions and think about them! Then you will give answers that are helpful.

I do know that eBay and PayPal will not just accept my saying that I paid. I say that I have paid and the buyer accepts, etc. My question was dealing with my need to know how to get to Ebay to prove to them I paid.

I had already tried the suggested manner and got nowhere. I finally found, on Google, that the way to get to the phone #'s is to click on various topics for answers until the phone # shows up!
That advice helped me!!

I was in a loop with the unpaid balance page and did NOT GET a way to contact eBay by phone or email, etc.

I guess the Google commentators have suffered and therefore understand the frustration with not getting to "customer service". The "community" helpers seem more interested in defending eBay and issuing platitudes, about facts already known. Perhaps the Google souls are interested in offering information and the helpers, by and large, are pedantic and on an ego trip.

I really like the positive parts of eBay: great sellers, good and really interesting items, safe environment, etc.!l

I really dislike the negatives: terrible customer service (check out comments about this just about anywhere), unreasonable shipping charges (sometimes), often unhelpful and damaging comments from the "community' helpers.

Now some of the community people are very helpful; it is unfortunate that other of the group are not.

All in all one is left to figure out the various pitfalls on one's own when starting out. Suggesting that one is not a good customer and intimating that one should be blocked are hardly helpful when one is trying, in good faith, to un-mix a mix-up.

One last thing: there is a good cop bad cop thing with the sellers and eBay. Sellers tend to decry the shipping charges and say they have no ability to change them and sellers say they have not opened the unpaid cases but ratheR eBay has. Yet eBay says it is the sellers. All in all this is a dysfunctional relationship!

Perhaps the "community" builders could actually try to build a functional relationship between the sellers and eBay and between themselves and buyers who really need help.

I am slowly figuring out the mistakes I have made and avoiding repeating them; but this is not due to much help from your 'Answer Center'! That is a misnomer if there ever was!!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi Susan,

I totally sympathize with you, as I find Ebay's software is often full of bugs, and often assumes that most unpaid item strikes are due to the buyer not paying for an item they bought.

Although EBAY seems to focus their software on what I'm guessing are the most common problems, and relies on less common situations to be dealt with by appealing an unpaid item strike, they don't seem to understand how frustrating such a process is for the buyer.

In my case, I suspect there's some dishonest sellers out there, using the flaws in the system to get out of a transaction (perhaps they didn't like the price it sold for). Although the appeal process can get the strikes removed, it doesn't force the seller to send an invoice, receive payment, and then ship the item(s) purchased. Until this unfair loophole gets addressed, a better customer experience would be to write better software to address these situations. Hopefully, an executive with the decision making authority to address these problems will read this, or have it forwarded to him/her, and realize that "the customer's always right, except at EBAY" is not a great way to run a business!!!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply