lost track of item on guest accout

gglator
Community Member

i've ordered few item as guest, its said on a email i received (that i accidentally deleted) that i need to log in with a certain email and password so i can track the item, it didn't work so i created an account with that email but now i can't see at all all the item i ordered as guest

help plz i need to keep track of those item

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@gglator wrote:

i've ordered few item as guest, its said on a email i received (that i accidentally deleted) that i need to log in with a certain email and password so i can track the item, it didn't work so i created an account with that email but now i can't see at all all the item i ordered as guest

These are buyer & seller forums, eBay staff rarely read them.

At the top and bottom of this page is the Help & Contact link. At the bottom of the linked page is a contact section. You can ask eBay support if they can resend the email message (or tell you who can). You'll need the purchase date and the email used as "guest".

That email is the weak point in the whole eBay "Guest" procedure. Too many buyers delete it before the purchase arrives.  eBay needs to rethink the process and make it less fragile.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@gglator wrote:

These are buyer & seller forums, eBay staff rarely read them.

At the top and bottom of this page is the Help & Contact link. At the bottom of the linked page is a contact section. You can ask eBay support if they can resend the email message (or tell you who can). You'll need the purchase date and the email used as "guest".

That email is the weak point in the whole eBay "Guest" procedure. Too many buyers delete it before the purchase arrives.  eBay needs to rethink the process and make it less fragile.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@gglator wrote:

... so i created an account with that email but now i can't see at all all the item i ordered as guest

The second weak point when ordering as "guest" is using the same email as your eBay user account. eBay can get confused.

If you have more than one email account (or get a free gmail account) then change the your eBay account email to one that is different from the one you have been using for "guest".

My eBay > My Account > Personal Information > Email and Contact Information

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You would be able to find it in your Paypal account. A PP account backed by a credit card is the strongest Buyer Protection you could have . (That adds two more levels of protection to your eBay Buyer Protection.)

Or it may be on your credit card invoice, depending on how much information your card actually gives you.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply