December 1 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll begin working on replies tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Tyler,

Hope you survived your Thanksgiving? Or is it still ongoing? 🤔 It seems to go on forever!!

Quick clarification for another Canadian seller without a store. They currently have access to 100 listings per month. Are multiple unit listings/variation listed counted together in the available count and/or does putting your listings on hiatus affect the number when holiday is turned off? 

-Lotz

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

I know that I have commented/complained about the shipping label showing an 'imaginary' tracking number for the Small Packet US and International labels to the buyers and how it was a pain to take it off as it would then mark the item as not shipped.  But now we can't even remove it as there is a note saying that because the label was done on the eBay platform, the number can't be deleted.  How ridiculous! 

When I saw that my last label couldn't be deleted I voided it and did a new label on PP. But even that didn't delete the fake tracking number. Now a week later the number is still on there so it looks as if I have created a label but haven't shipped the package yet.  I don't want my buyer  to think that I haven't yet mailed their package so I had to write and explain that eBay added some number that wasn't really a tracking number and yadda yadda.  That makes myself and eBay look foolish and unprofessional.  It is ridiculous that we have to spend our time explaining yo buyers that eBay is adding a tracking number to a service with no tracking!  That definitely does not encourage me to want to use eBay labels.

Apparently eBay isnt allowing any eBay labels tracking numbers to be deleted from our orders page and oethspd there is a good reason for that.  But please  ask the label department again to figure out a way to stop adding the fake tracking number to non trackable services.  It is very frustrating to us and is confusing to buyers.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Since an eBay tracking number can't be deleted by the seller..even when the label is voided...what happens if I add a new tracking number in the 2nd add tracking field?  Does it eliminate the first number?  Does it overwrite the original tracking number and 'shipped' date?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Since an eBay tracking number can't be deleted by the seller..even when the label is voided...what happens if I add a new tracking number in the 2nd add tracking field?  Does it eliminate the first number?  Does it overwrite the original tracking number and 'shipped' date?

I had a shipment several months ago where I inadvertently typed in the wrong UR number. I spotted the error when the item was delivered by buyer but tracking in eBay was not updating. Tracking was routinely updating and getting confirmed delivery in 99.9 % of cases. In this case it has never updated.

At that time (September it was showing the 2 tracking numbers...Original and revised) Now it only shows 1. If you update tracking after the fact eBay's AI believes it was shipped late and gives seller inaccurate late TSR's. With most shipment software, you can input a tracking numbers, Courier used and a date. eBay bases everything on input date or label created date(unless seller personally modifies ship date when creating the label). 

In checking that past transaction it now only shows the revised tracking number. NOT the original secondary number inputted in error. Buyer has confirmed delivery. This is my only shipment from that timeframe without confirmed delivery in eBay.

Realizing this in the past has always made me nervous with INR messages to update tracking. Either the tracking was there originally or there was no tracking to begin with. As long as the UR#########CA works(tracks within ebay) it should be an option for sellers. Over-write should just correct tracking...Not amend ship date (Unless it's a new label generated on a different date.)

-Lotz

PS. As a sidenote the UR tracking number will track from within some EU countries postal systems. Scandanavia, certain Ukranian countries and Cyprus.  From recent experience not in Germany, UK, Netherland & France. Spain/Portugal - Hit or miss.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I don't think that you are using ebay labels?  I understand how it works when you use an outside label provider.  But now that the ebay label 'tracking' number is greyed out and can't be deleted or changed, I was wondering what happened when a second tracking number was inputted.  It may work the same way as you described or it may not.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I switched to Shippo years ago and have always manually entered in UR number once it was confirmed that those numbers were trackable (from within eBay). How ebay labels works should be similar. Manual entry when required.  It should not be greyed out.

Until eBay Labels can connect a sellers CP account number there are no major advantages to using. From comparing Small packet air using eBay Labels it is always more $'s than Shippo. By pennies but still a savings is a savings.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Hope you survived your Thanksgiving? Or is it still ongoing? 🤔 It seems to go on forever!!

Quick clarification for another Canadian seller without a store. They currently have access to 100 listings per month. Are multiple unit listings/variation listed counted together in the available count and/or does putting your listings on hiatus affect the number when holiday is turned off? 

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - Thanksgiving was good! Finally over, but leftovers are forever. 😛

A seller without a store subscription should receive 200 zero insertion fees per calendar month (link here). 

An insertion fee is 'per listing' not 'per quantity', so a multi-quantity listing would still only count as 1 listing. 

There are also monthly selling limits (link here) that would apply per item listed or sold.

As an example:

A listing for face wash with a quantity of 50 would be 1 insertion fee, but 50 items towards the monthly selling limit. 

Time Away/Holiday doesn't impact these as those items are still listed, even if they are blocked from purchases. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Tyler, 

I know that I have commented/complained about the shipping label showing an 'imaginary' tracking number for the Small Packet US and International labels to the buyers and how it was a pain to take it off as it would then mark the item as not shipped.  But now we can't even remove it as there is a note saying that because the label was done on the eBay platform, the number can't be deleted.  How ridiculous! 

When I saw that my last label couldn't be deleted I voided it and did a new label on PP. But even that didn't delete the fake tracking number. Now a week later the number is still on there so it looks as if I have created a label but haven't shipped the package yet.  I don't want my buyer  to think that I haven't yet mailed their package so I had to write and explain that eBay added some number that wasn't really a tracking number and yadda yadda.  That makes myself and eBay look foolish and unprofessional.  It is ridiculous that we have to spend our time explaining yo buyers that eBay is adding a tracking number to a service with no tracking!  That definitely does not encourage me to want to use eBay labels.

Apparently eBay isnt allowing any eBay labels tracking numbers to be deleted from our orders page and oethspd there is a good reason for that.  But please  ask the label department again to figure out a way to stop adding the fake tracking number to non trackable services.  It is very frustrating to us and is confusing to buyers.

Hi @pjcdn2005  - thanks for this update, that's really frustrating. I've gotten this to the shipping team and will let you know as I hear back.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi @pjcdn2005 - adding a new tracking number will update the purchase history for the buyer and yourself, and reset the 'shipped' date. It will not remove the first input tracking number however (which is the problem we're trying to solve for here, sorry about that).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat! It's closed from further replies but will be back on Tuesday. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply