December 13th 2022 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hello Kyle,

I’d like to point out a misleading information that show up in Ebay messaging following the closing of an INR case.

After a buyer opens an INR case, the seller has 6 full days to resolve the matter (refund if the buyer asked so, or send a replacement with tracking if the buyer still want the item). After these 6 days, if no tracking number is provided, eBay automatically step in and close the case in buyers favor.

Immediately before closing the case, eBay sends two back-to-back automatic messages to the seller. The first states :

"The buyer has asked eBay customer service to review this case and make a final decision."

And a few minutes later, a second message states :

"We reviewed this case and decided to issue the buyer a full refund. We didn’t receive valid proof of delivery from you. Sellers must provide tracking information showing the item was delivered to the address provided in the order details."

The problem is with the first message, which  is incorrect and misleads the seller into thinking the buyer escalated the case. Since buyer-initiated escalation no longer is part of the resolution process, the message should read :

"eBay Customer Service reviewed this case and made a final decision to issue the buyer a full refund. We didn’t receive valid proof of delivery from you. Sellers must provide tracking information showing the item was delivered to the address provided in the order details."

Ebay should not brazenly pretend that cases are closing due to unhappy customers escalating cases, since all of this is happening automatically after 6 days, even when the buyer is perfectly happy.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@mypaperstuff wrote:

Hello Kyle,

I’d like to point out a misleading information that show up in Ebay messaging following the closing of an INR case.

After a buyer opens an INR case, the seller has 6 full days to resolve the matter (refund if the buyer asked so, or send a replacement with tracking if the buyer still want the item). After these 6 days, if no tracking number is provided, eBay automatically step in and close the case in buyers favor.

Immediately before closing the case, eBay sends two back-to-back automatic messages to the seller. The first states :

"The buyer has asked eBay customer service to review this case and make a final decision."

And a few minutes later, a second message states :

"We reviewed this case and decided to issue the buyer a full refund. We didn’t receive valid proof of delivery from you. Sellers must provide tracking information showing the item was delivered to the address provided in the order details."

The problem is with the first message, which  is incorrect and misleads the seller into thinking the buyer escalated the case. Since buyer-initiated escalation no longer is part of the resolution process, the message should read :

"eBay Customer Service reviewed this case and made a final decision to issue the buyer a full refund. We didn’t receive valid proof of delivery from you. Sellers must provide tracking information showing the item was delivered to the address provided in the order details."

Ebay should not brazenly pretend that cases are closing due to unhappy customers escalating cases, since all of this is happening automatically after 6 days, even when the buyer is perfectly happy.

Regards,

Thanks for sharing this @mypaperstuff. We'll get this feedback passed along.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hello kyle@ebay 

Not sure if you are aware of the discrepancy but for US buyers they are able to do a variety of searches when it comes to shipping options. Canadian's are not. Would it be possible to update so Canadian buyers can choose options like USPS, UPS, Fedex, GSP or International Standard(or new version) and toggle on or off.

The follow up part of this.  (The issue I can see with the last 2 programs is a Canadian buyer purchasing something and the shipping service is not described until after the purchase is made. Not all choices work for all regions of Canada).  As per a previous question it was just stated that a variety of carriers could be used. Nothing specific.

For many Canadian buyers a change like this would help simplify their choice before clicking the buy it now and reduce surprises after the fact.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

I don't as a matter of habit suggest a thumbs up for a suggestion but would be interested if something like this would be appreciated as an eBay improvement. I know many have asked for this in the past.

USA Example. What a buyer sees.

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1670948337299.png

What displays on ca.

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1670948536743.png

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hello kyle@ebay 

With eBay Labels how is the seller supposed to add signature option? It is included on Shippo and with Canadapost. I am not seeing with eBay Labels. There is still no option at both eBay labels/Shippo for shipping tubes. This type of item has an specific additional charge.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:
Hello kyle@ebay 

Not sure if you are aware of the discrepancy but for US buyers they are able to do a variety of searches when it comes to shipping options. Canadian's are not. Would it be possible to update so Canadian buyers can choose options like USPS, UPS, Fedex, GSP or International Standard(or new version) and toggle on or off.

The follow up part of this.  (The issue I can see with the last 2 programs is a Canadian buyer purchasing something and the shipping service is not described until after the purchase is made. Not all choices work for all regions of Canada).  As per a previous question it was just stated that a variety of carriers could be used. Nothing specific.

For many Canadian buyers a change like this would help simplify their choice before clicking the buy it now and reduce surprises after the fact.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

I don't as a matter of habit suggest a thumbs up for a suggestion but would be interested if something like this would be appreciated as an eBay improvement. I know many have asked for this in the past.

USA Example. What a buyer sees.

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1670948337299.png

What displays on ca.

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1670948536743.png

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies I'll be happy to pass this suggestion along to our shipping team.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello kyle@ebay 

With eBay Labels how is the seller supposed to add signature option? It is included on Shippo and with Canadapost. I am not seeing with eBay Labels. There is still no option at both eBay labels/Shippo for shipping tubes. This type of item has an specific additional charge.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies these are also very good suggestions.  I'll be sure to pass them along as well!  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's now closed but will return next month!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply