December 26th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

The last chat of 2018 is here already! Writing this a bit in advance as I'll be out of the office after today, returning Wednesday, but will be ready to help with your questions when I get back!

Happy Holidays to you and yours, and can't wait to finish the year off right and hit 2019 running. 🙂

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Enjoy your holidays! See you next week. 

Remember, the Christmas Rabbit says: 

Christmas Rabbit.jpg

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Merry Christmas .. Just wondering if ebay is still going to weekly remove late defects, as i just received one a couple days ago,  the item was mailed on the 20th of November, right in the middle of the backlog jam.. it was "223225794161"  i really don't want to have to call in every time, for the next week or 2, as Canada post is almost back on track.. thanks

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hello Tyler and Seasons Greetings,

I had a customer email me about an item that just ended, that they were interested in. I relisted and went to send them an email to let know it had been relisted along with the new listing number.

When I went to send, email was blocked because I was "supposedly" sending personal information in the message. Only information was the listing number.  Removing the item # made it possible to send the message. Were  the bots into the eggnog a bit early? 😉 This seems to be major policing of a non-issue.

Thanks,

-Lotz(CM)

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:
.... I had a customer email me about an item that just ended, that they were interested in. I relisted and went to send them an email to let know it had been relisted along with the new listing number.

When I went to send, email was blocked because I was "supposedly" sending personal information in the message. Only information was the listing number.  Removing the item # made it possible to send the message.

Probably the bot thought the item number was a phone number

Just the title of the relist should work

or www.ebay.ca/itm/put listing number here

or just saying the item was relisted. ebay does add a link to an ended item page if it is relisted (but not for sell similar), allowing a potential buyer can link to the new listing.

-..-

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

When you write an email you really shouldn't need to be walking on pins and needles with each keystroke. I was just providing basic information to a customer that had requested it.  I've included items numbers in an email on numerous occasions with no problems. Curious to know that if I was to use for example, "If you would be interested in "2" units the system would be so petty to blacklist that email also?

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

Merry Christmas .. Just wondering if ebay is still going to weekly remove late defects, as i just received one a couple days ago,  the item was mailed on the 20th of November, right in the middle of the backlog jam.. it was "223225794161"  i really don't want to have to call in every time, for the next week or 2, as Canada post is almost back on track.. thanks

Hi @esclyons - the protections should be running weekly (in my experience they're usually on Thursdays). If you don't see any traction on that particular item by tomorrow or Friday afternoon will you shoot me a PM? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler and Seasons Greetings,

I had a customer email me about an item that just ended, that they were interested in. I relisted and went to send them an email to let know it had been relisted along with the new listing number.

When I went to send, email was blocked because I was "supposedly" sending personal information in the message. Only information was the listing number.  Removing the item # made it possible to send the message. Were  the bots into the eggnog a bit early? 😉 This seems to be major policing of a non-issue.

Thanks,

-Lotz(CM)

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thanks for letting me know what you ran into. @ypdc_dennis sussed it out in that our system could have read that as a phone number or other attempt to coordinate an off-site sale. The email you got is typically an automated one sent to both parties involved in this type of situation and there is no penalty, it's considered just a notification. 

Dennis also gave you the best  workaround - including an actual link to the item won't trigger an automated notice, and can also be more helpful for your buyer in quickly accessing the item you listed for them. 

I know it can be stressful to get these types of emails, but I can assure you that while the bots can be ambitious, any action taken that would actually impact your standing with us is reviewed by a real-live human. 

If you run into any other issues with this will you let me know? 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It just popped up before I went to send the email. Removed item number and it was gone. Just very surprised that would happen to begin with.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining and Happy Boxing Day everyone. 🙂

I'll be on the boards for the rest of the week if you need to give me a holler!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply