February 10 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy folks - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll be working to review and reply tomorrow afternoon!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Time to reiterate that our SINs are not mandatory for Managed Payments.

And also time to nag the software staff to remove the request/demand for our SINs from the Managed Payments forms.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

For sellers that will be imminently enrolled in MP what will happen if they have listings that are included in the not permitted category such as coins and currency? Do those listings get immediately ended and purged or will they be available to relist when everything is resolved? I was (hoping) under the impression that sellers with these listings fell into the not needing to enroll until this had been worked out category.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

The recent but a bit late eBay announcement regarding shipments to the USA seems to not acknowledge or address that shipments within Canada(Similar to the issues US sellers are facing with their domestic shipments) face similar ongoing delays(something Canadian sellers cannot control). Secondly, there are still major issues with scanning being updated in real time with eBay vs CP.

As for the suggestion to use other carriers this is NOT an option for Canadian sellers selling lower priced items. Our options are not even close to what is offered within the USA.  Sales would fall off the map if we did. Canadapost does not even consider service failures and refunding postage even though they have no problem charging for those premium services. Similar to paying for a signature. It's a waste of money when a Canadapost employee is just going to leave on a front step or community mailbox, 99 times out of 100 as per their official announcement early in the Pandemic.

Not sure what it is going on with the numerous reports of refunds being issued within a couple of days of items being noted as late. That does not seem to correspond to what was stated in the announcement and cases staying open 10 days(US Standard only?)  There needs to be a bit more common sense in play before refunding customers when items are still most likely in transit and will arrive shortly. Especially when there is nothing in place on eBay's side to re-bill a customer when an item does arrive and customer is happy.

-Lotz

(These concerns have been brought up in many posts over the last several months but may have slipped through the cracks.)

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning Tyler.
More of a tech issue but maybe you can offer a suggestion.
Since the Massive Delays started at our Ontario postal sorting plant, I have been messaging customers who have purchased an item about delays .

I have been doing them one at a time as there seems to be no bulk messaging in the sold items..
This would be a nice feature to have for bulk sellers.

When the problem started I had to message over 18 pending sales and 30 sent items from the previous two days one by one ..

TIA for any insight.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Has there been any progress on the fix for the shipping calculation for Small Packet USA Air?

From what I can tell the fuel surcharges are still not being applied and the buyers are being charged $0.33 less than what they should be. Also the surcharges increased by 4 cents since February 1st I think.

I know I sound like a broken record, but alas this needs to be fixed.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Has there been any progress on the ability for the eBay Canada shipping label system to use the Canada Post Small Business account of the seller? 

On a related NOTE: The system displays the wrong cost for the label to the seller, i.e. For a Small Packet USA label, the cost to the seller was $7.88, and eBay would invoice that cost, however the displayed cost when creating the label was $7.49. Since the surcharge increase the actual cost will be $7.92 since February I think.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Would it be possible to have a popup (I know that some computer users have a Block on popups) that tells a buyer that delivery guarantees are not possible at this time and that delivery time is an estimate?

It might at least help sellers who have customers who believe AZ publicity about overnight delivery and time travel.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Time to reiterate that our SINs are not mandatory for Managed Payments.

And also time to nag the software staff to remove the request/demand for our SINs from the Managed Payments forms.

Hi @femmefan1946 - I will happily reiterate: you are not required to provide a SIN to register for payments. 

The scuttlebutt I have heard is that the field may be removed from the registration flow altogether in the future. 

If you are registering for payments and do not wish to provide please skip the field. Do not input a fake number. This can create issues for our verification processes and interrupt your registration flow.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

For sellers that will be imminently enrolled in MP what will happen if they have listings that are included in the not permitted category such as coins and currency? Do those listings get immediately ended and purged or will they be available to relist when everything is resolved? I was (hoping) under the impression that sellers with these listings fell into the not needing to enroll until this had been worked out category.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - if a member is registered and activated into managed payments while they have listings in categories that are not currently supported those listings would be ended. The listings would then move to the 'unsold' section of their Seller Hub and would wait for up to 90 days. 

Once a category is supported a member could relist the item from the unsold section (if it's still available) or list from scratch. 

If your business is primarily made up of unsupported categories you may be asked to register  for managed payments, but your account will not be activated until those categories are supported. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

The recent but a bit late eBay announcement regarding shipments to the USA seems to not acknowledge or address that shipments within Canada(Similar to the issues US sellers are facing with their domestic shipments) face similar ongoing delays(something Canadian sellers cannot control). Secondly, there are still major issues with scanning being updated in real time with eBay vs CP.

As for the suggestion to use other carriers this is NOT an option for Canadian sellers selling lower priced items. Our options are not even close to what is offered within the USA.  Sales would fall off the map if we did. Canadapost does not even consider service failures and refunding postage even though they have no problem charging for those premium services. Similar to paying for a signature. It's a waste of money when a Canadapost employee is just going to leave on a front step or community mailbox, 99 times out of 100 as per their official announcement early in the Pandemic.

Not sure what it is going on with the numerous reports of refunds being issued within a couple of days of items being noted as late. That does not seem to correspond to what was stated in the announcement and cases staying open 10 days(US Standard only?)  There needs to be a bit more common sense in play before refunding customers when items are still most likely in transit and will arrive shortly. Especially when there is nothing in place on eBay's side to re-bill a customer when an item does arrive and customer is happy.

-Lotz

(These concerns have been brought up in many posts over the last several months but may have slipped through the cracks.)

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - thanks for providing this feedback, I will make sure it's shared. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:
Good morning Tyler.
More of a tech issue but maybe you can offer a suggestion.
Since the Massive Delays started at our Ontario postal sorting plant, I have been messaging customers who have purchased an item about delays .

I have been doing them one at a time as there seems to be no bulk messaging in the sold items..
This would be a nice feature to have for bulk sellers.

When the problem started I had to message over 18 pending sales and 30 sent items from the previous two days one by one ..

TIA for any insight.

Hi @Anonymous - that would be a great feature! There isn't a way for you to send mass-messages at this point in time. Historically (read: once upon a time) it was an option but removed due to complaints of spamming. 

I'm sure you already have a template to pull from, but that's the only other way I can think of for you to speed that process up. Fingers crossed we see traffic through Ontario speed up soon!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Has there been any progress on the fix for the shipping calculation for Small Packet USA Air?

From what I can tell the fuel surcharges are still not being applied and the buyers are being charged $0.33 less than what they should be. Also the surcharges increased by 4 cents since February 1st I think.

I know I sound like a broken record, but alas this needs to be fixed.

Not a broken record at all @flyhooks4less - this is definitely an issue. When prodded, the shipping team says that they implemented a fix that should be fully deployed as of Friday the 12th. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Has there been any progress on the ability for the eBay Canada shipping label system to use the Canada Post Small Business account of the seller? 

On a related NOTE: The system displays the wrong cost for the label to the seller, i.e. For a Small Packet USA label, the cost to the seller was $7.88, and eBay would invoice that cost, however the displayed cost when creating the label was $7.49. Since the surcharge increase the actual cost will be $7.92 since February I think.

No meaningful input on this one @flyhooks4less - however the goal is to get CPC to provide a larger discount!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Would it be possible to have a popup (I know that some computer users have a Block on popups) that tells a buyer that delivery guarantees are not possible at this time and that delivery time is an estimate?

It might at least help sellers who have customers who believe AZ publicity about overnight delivery and time travel.

Hi @femmefan1946 - oh popups. If you only knew how much internal teams hate popups. They'll fight those each and every time, but they are a lot more amenable to 'banners', which is funny to me because they serve essentially the same function. 

I know that .com input a banner at the top of checkout as well as on the purchase history/track an item page to indicate that shipping volumes may be causing a delay and to be patient. I'll get that one into the suggestion box for certain. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week. It's now closed but will return on the 17th!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 16
latest reply