February 16 2022 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat for your questions. I will begin addressing them tomorrow afternoon!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

It’s been awhile since I’ve asked this so I’ll ask again this time. Will eBay be associating Canada post small business solution account numbers to eBay labels so we can get credit for labels purchased?
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Will the new system of automatic payments being required on BIN be another hurdle for sellers who offer combined shipping or will buyer still be able to add to cart? Unsure what buyers are now seeing but from my understanding it brings buyer straight to payment options with limited ways to backtrack. This is an ongoing  major nuisance for all the sellers who would like to offer combined shipping but are finding it blocked at every turn.

Regarding past question about eBay Labels packing slip. There appears to be no way to permanently add new messages or delete the ones you do not require. (They do not autosave.)

-Lotz

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

It is very difficult to find the page where a new seller can sign up for Managed Payments.

In my opinion, it should not be possible to list anything before the MP account is set up.

We are seeing a lot of angst from newbies and returning sellers who have listed , sold, been paid, and their money is being Held because eBay has nowhere to transfer it.

I also think that this is a way that scammers can steal money from naive buyers and fees from eBay, by texting bogus payment instructions.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

What new automatic payments system are you referring to?

My message saves on the packing slip permanently but I use the one on the dropdown on the orders page.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

My message saves on the packing slip permanently but I use the one on the dropdown on the orders page.

Bit of an explanation here. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/New-option-in-Seller-Preferences-Blocked-Buyers-setting-...

I'm not sure if there was anything official about it. Just when I read about it and checked, mine was turned on. It is now off. 

The only part of eBay labels I use is the packing slip but I customize each time I use and they have never saved. I brought it up in a recent weekly and I believe the answer was they "should" auto save.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Hi Tyler, not sure if this has been brought up previously but there appears to be an issue with eBay properly relaying tracking data from Canada Post.

For example, I shipped an order (number 21-08228-29009) on Feb 7. Tracking number 8377463335161351.

Canada Post indicates the package has been delivered as of Feb 11:

CPCTracking.PNG

eBay's tracking stopped after the update on Feb 10 and does not indicate the item has been delivered:

eBayTracking.PNG

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

Bit of an explanation here. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/New-option-in-Seller-Preferences-Blocked-Buyers-setting-...

I'm not sure if there was anything official about it. Just when I read about it and checked, mine was turned on. It is now off. 

I was aware of that option but you mentioned BIN and that is just when there is an offer so  I thought you might be referring to something else.   Just double checking.  Tyler will know for sure but I don't see how the cart could be used.  Im sure that's why we have the option of turning it off.

The way that I understand it that is right now only some buyers are being asked to set up payment when an offer is made and that is just in a testing stage.

The only part of eBay labels I use is the packing slip but I customize each time I use and they have never saved. I brought it up in a recent weekly and I believe the answer was they "should" auto save.

Yes I remember that so I I was letting you know that the packing slip NOT in eBay labels does save my message. 

-Lotz

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

As you recommended in my previous thread, i cleared all the fields and re-entered the data. I got a red banner with the following: "You haven't made any changes" and i can't submit the page. I contacted several MP experts with the same result.    Catch-22.       Cheers 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

When I go into a previously read thread to read new posts the forum is still kicking me to the last post. I have to scroll up and see where I left off.  Any word on when this will be fixed?  It's been doing that a while and is frustrating.

thanks!

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@muchbeat 

While you are resident in Canada, is it possible that you are registered on dotCOM?

That, with the hiatus from selling you seem to have had (based only on your feedback) may mean you are going to be forced to set up a new dotCA account, losing all your feedback and dotCOM listings, before you can get a Managed Payments account and get paid.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@ericsells75 wrote:
It’s been awhile since I’ve asked this so I’ll ask again this time. Will eBay be associating Canada post small business solution account numbers to eBay labels so we can get credit for labels purchased?

Hi @ericsells75 - I know that is the goal, but I do not have a timeline for you on when or if that will happen. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Will the new system of automatic payments being required on BIN be another hurdle for sellers who offer combined shipping or will buyer still be able to add to cart? Unsure what buyers are now seeing but from my understanding it brings buyer straight to payment options with limited ways to backtrack. This is an ongoing  major nuisance for all the sellers who would like to offer combined shipping but are finding it blocked at every turn.

Regarding past question about eBay Labels packing slip. There appears to be no way to permanently add new messages or delete the ones you do not require. (They do not autosave.)

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - the recently announced payment for Best Offers is an expanding program, but currently only applies to Best Offers a Buyer sends to you. As part of the flow, a Buyer would be asked to provide their payment details prior to inputting their Best Offer and told several times throughout that process that if their offer is accepted their payment method will be charged. 

For Sellers who are not interested in requiring this they can disable the feature in their account settings (link to FAQ here).

Thanks for the update on eBay Labels packing slip - I'll get that mentioned to the labels team. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

It is very difficult to find the page where a new seller can sign up for Managed Payments.

In my opinion, it should not be possible to list anything before the MP account is set up.

We are seeing a lot of angst from newbies and returning sellers who have listed , sold, been paid, and their money is being Held because eBay has nowhere to transfer it.

I also think that this is a way that scammers can steal money from naive buyers and fees from eBay, by texting bogus payment instructions.

Thanks @femmefan1946 - I've gotten this input to the Payments teams, and I know that this is a balance they're working on sorting out (ease of use for returning or first time sellers vs setting them up for long term success by gathering the needed details to get them paid effectively). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

Hi Tyler, not sure if this has been brought up previously but there appears to be an issue with eBay properly relaying tracking data from Canada Post.

For example, I shipped an order (number 21-08228-29009) on Feb 7. Tracking number 8377463335161351.

Canada Post indicates the package has been delivered as of Feb 11:

CPCTracking.PNG

eBay's tracking stopped after the update on Feb 10 and does not indicate the item has been delivered:

eBayTracking.PNG

Hi @dinomitesales - this has definitely come up in the past, and I've always been told it's a delay with the 'handshake' between the courier and eBay, which usually takes up to a day to resolve. However, I've noticed gaps of much longer than that. I've gotten it reported on my end and hopefully we'll see this corrected quickly.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Tyler, 

When I go into a previously read thread to read new posts the forum is still kicking me to the last post. I have to scroll up and see where I left off.  Any word on when this will be fixed?  It's been doing that a while and is frustrating.

thanks!

Nothing yet @pjcdn2005 - but I believe I found a local setting that could be a workaround (still testing that out though before I click the button to apply to everyone). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@muchbeat wrote:

Hi Tyler,

As you recommended in my previous thread, i cleared all the fields and re-entered the data. I got a red banner with the following: "You haven't made any changes" and i can't submit the page. I contacted several MP experts with the same result.    Catch-22.       Cheers 

I'm really sorry to hear that @muchbeat - outside of that I don't have any other tips or tricks than the ones you've heard previously. Continuing to work with payments-trained teammates is the best course of action. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's closed from further replies but will return next Tuesday. 

See you then,

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 18
latest reply