February 23 2022 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

The chat is open for your questions! I'll begin working on replies tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks, 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Packages sent LetterPost to the USA and overseas are being returned by Canada Post.

While using LetterPost to ship goods internationally has not been allowed for years, it has been one way that Canadian sellers can reduce the cost of shipping.  Note that those of us who do this are also going commando on tracking.

Scofflaws living dangerously.

What can eBay do to help?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

The thread about the broken Listing Template tool has received more than 1200 views. Can you please update us on that problem with an estimate of when it may be working again?

Thanks

InTime

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

ja4151
Community Member

Hey Tyler,

I was wondering why the amount of sold listings on my seller overview page does not match the number of transactions in my seller dashboard (when looking at the past 90 days), under both "current seller level" and "if we evaluated you today" tabs. The monthly breakdown of transactions also does not add up to the amount of sold listings I have (and not even close). 

Any thoughts?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

dhslk
Community Member

Hello. For the past 2 days, search is completely BROKEN (perhaps it could be some sort of update on my computer, but even that would be a problem, as it would affect many others, too).

Search is narrowing down the field and keeping you stuck looking at the same type of merchandise, if you are trying to broaden your search. For example,  yesterday, I searched for a specific IKEA light. After that, I did a general search for IKEA and all that came up for pages were IKEA lights, instead of a mixture of all sorts of items. Today, I searched for IKEA Ektorp and got correct results. Then searched for IKEA again, and nothing but Ektorp items for pages. This is the same type of search that I do on a daily basis. I often look for a specific item before doing a much more general search. I assume many/most people o something similar.

This seemed to coincide with the Feb.22 deadline for Item Specifices updates.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Apologies. This has to do with the elephant in the room. 

GSP.

I know this has been brought up in the past. Is there anything in the works to make actual improvements to this program, especially for Canadians? Not really sure how well or poorly it works for everywhere else. It's brutal if you have to live on the west coast and order from a US seller based on the same coast. Maybe a western processing plant?

Any chance of having someone from GSP/PB drop on by? I know that's been mentioned before. As far as I know its never happened.  All we can try to do is point buyers that have had a bad experience in the right direction and "explain" how the program is supposed to work. For the majority of buyers who have used the program for the first time it becomes a case of use once...Learn your lesson...And go shop elsewhere.  I'm fairly confident this was NOT the original goal of GSP. I myself have not purchased from a GSP seller in well over 3 years. Using USPS for low value/economical to ship items is really not that difficult.

Lastly, Intelcom/Apple do NOT work for all of Canada. GSP/PB needs to understand that.

Comments?

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Packages sent LetterPost to the USA and overseas are being returned by Canada Post.

While using LetterPost to ship goods internationally has not been allowed for years, it has been one way that Canadian sellers can reduce the cost of shipping.  Note that those of us who do this are also going commando on tracking.

Scofflaws living dangerously.

What can eBay do to help?

Hi @reallynicestamps - I passed this on to the shipping team a few days ago hoping to be able to have something definitive to say on the matter soon, but as yet I have not heard back. I'll make sure to update you when I do!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hi Tyler,

The thread about the broken Listing Template tool has received more than 1200 views. Can you please update us on that problem with an estimate of when it may be working again?

Thanks

InTime

Hi @intimewithmusic - I have continued to add members who say they are impacted to the open ticket, but I do not currently have an update to share on the matter, other than to say that I have continued to report it on my end. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@ja4151 wrote:

Hey Tyler,

I was wondering why the amount of sold listings on my seller overview page does not match the number of transactions in my seller dashboard (when looking at the past 90 days), under both "current seller level" and "if we evaluated you today" tabs. The monthly breakdown of transactions also does not add up to the amount of sold listings I have (and not even close). 

Any thoughts?

Hi @ja4151 - with a bit more detail I'm not sure I can speak definitively to that (though a CS teammate may be able to), but in general:

Your Sales Overview is going to look at all sales, while your Seller Dashboard is going to bucket sales into various regions (Global, US, UK, DE, etc). You can toggle between regions in your Seller Dashboard up at the top of the page (It's a drop down - and will only display regions you have transactions in, so if you don't see all of them, that's why). If you add and compare those totals are you still seeing a difference?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@dhslk wrote:

Hello. For the past 2 days, search is completely BROKEN (perhaps it could be some sort of update on my computer, but even that would be a problem, as it would affect many others, too).

Search is narrowing down the field and keeping you stuck looking at the same type of merchandise, if you are trying to broaden your search. For example,  yesterday, I searched for a specific IKEA light. After that, I did a general search for IKEA and all that came up for pages were IKEA lights, instead of a mixture of all sorts of items. Today, I searched for IKEA Ektorp and got correct results. Then searched for IKEA again, and nothing but Ektorp items for pages. This is the same type of search that I do on a daily basis. I often look for a specific item before doing a much more general search. I assume many/most people o something similar.

This seemed to coincide with the Feb.22 deadline for Item Specifices updates.

Hi @dhslk - it could be the algorithm trying to 'help' narrow an otherwise large search term. If I'm understanding correctly, this is the process you're following to see the results you mention:

Keyword search: Ikea Ektorp

-You browse a few results-

Keyword search: Ikea

-You notice that the results are related to Ektorp-

Or

Keyword search: Ikea Lights

-You browse results-

Keyword search: Ikea

-You notice that the results are related to lights-

Is the category on the right hand side set to 'All' or has it narrowed down into a specific category? For example, when I search 'Ikea lights' I am shown results in the Lamps, Lighting & Ceiling Fans category. When I switch over to just keyword 'Ikea' I am shown the results filtered to the Home & Garden category. Switching either of these to the 'All' section on the left hand side returns more results, but they could be much broader in terms of what you see. 

screenshot.JPG

If you notice this is not the case, or if you are still seeing results that are more filtered after switching to the more general category will you tag me to a thread with the exact keywords you're using and the order in which you're searching?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Apologies. This has to do with the elephant in the room. 

GSP.

I know this has been brought up in the past. Is there anything in the works to make actual improvements to this program, especially for Canadians? Not really sure how well or poorly it works for everywhere else. It's brutal if you have to live on the west coast and order from a US seller based on the same coast. Maybe a western processing plant?

Any chance of having someone from GSP/PB drop on by? I know that's been mentioned before. As far as I know its never happened.  All we can try to do is point buyers that have had a bad experience in the right direction and "explain" how the program is supposed to work. For the majority of buyers who have used the program for the first time it becomes a case of use once...Learn your lesson...And go shop elsewhere.  I'm fairly confident this was NOT the original goal of GSP. I myself have not purchased from a GSP seller in well over 3 years. Using USPS for low value/economical to ship items is really not that difficult.

Lastly, Intelcom/Apple do NOT work for all of Canada. GSP/PB needs to understand that.

Comments?

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - 

Is there anything in the works to make actual improvements to this program, especially for Canadians?

There have been no announced changes to the Global Shipping Program. I am unaware of any upcoming changes either. 

Any chance of having someone from GSP/PB drop on by?

Frankly, no. 

Last mile couriers are selected by region and performance. I've escalated the concerns that members share about their experiences with AE and Intelcom, and I will continue to do so. And while we do see our share of folks experiencing a less than ideal delivery with them, it does not mean that they are universally a poor courier. Where we have seen patterns of poor service we work with them until they improve. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for participating in the chat this week. It's closed from further replies but will return next Tuesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply