January 20 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll be around to begin working on answers for you tomorrow. 

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Tyler,
I noticed eBay keeps changing the "Send Invoice to Buyer" screen, and it no longer shows the "Tax applies to shipping and handling" button.
It was gone for a bit, came back, and is gone again.

My default in Site Preferences is that tax applies to S&H as I must collect and remit it... and if a buyer completes checkout without me updating an invoice, it adds it correctly. However, I had a couple orders today that I combined and reduced shipping costs but could not add tax to S&H and ebay did not charge it on those orders...

Please let whoever is responsible for the updates to either re-add that feature, or just have it default to Seller Site Preference setting...
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Since customer support is hit or miss for this, any chance you can get an ETA on when general issues, e.g. payouts, with eBay Managed Payments is getting fixed?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I have been ported over to eBay Shipping Labels by default now. I'd use it but it appears to just offer Level 1 CP Small Business discount level. Because of that Shippo is cheaper. 

Long story short is ebay shipping labels going to be enhanced to take into account the users actual discount level?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I noticed a few problems with the new label system as posted in Seller Central,

1. Before the new rates the Small Packet rate to the US was $7.54 CAD, $7.29 CAD for Canada Post Small Business Account holders. Buyer would be charged $7.54 CAD

2. After the new rates the Small Packet rate to the US is $7.74 CAD, $7.49 CAD for Canada Post Small Business Account holders. Plus in this case a fuel surcharge for Indiana from Alberta of $0.39 CAD. Buyer should be charged $8.13 CAD

The problem is the buyer in this case was only charged $7.74 CAD. Further complicating the matter is that Shippo charged $7.88 CAD after discounts which seems correct $7.49+.39. However eBay's label system only wanted to charge $7.49 with no fuel surcharge?

NOTE: I just noticed today that the last label I created was Calculated to be $7.49 in the eBay label system, and shows that price in the shipping label section of my orders page. However my pending invoice for it states $7.88. eBay needs to fix this so  the buyers are charged the right amount so us sellers don't have to shell out the difference! This is becoming problematic.

Tyler can you please look into this, thanks

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

you could add a handling fee as a temporary solution. Especially if a couple pennies are making the difference, it would cover costs for supplies etc. IMO Postage is only one of the costs of shipping. .
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Just to clarify, it sounds like the problem is with the eBay shipping calculator, not eBay labels.  Is that correct?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Just to clarify, it sounds like the problem is with the eBay shipping calculator, not eBay labels.  Is that correct?

@flyhooks4less 

This is definitely at eBay's end. Shippo charges matches Canadapost correctly. This issue is causing sellers to lose any profit they were able to gain between discounts, counter rate and handling charges if they applied. To update a sellers listing involves a very large quantity of work with bulk edit. It will cause those sellers the requirement to update any items with missing item specifics.

-Lotz

PS. Shippo is working on adding a separate line for the fuel surcharge. Currently the fuel surcharge is built into the total fee pre taxes. They do not have an eta as to when this will be completed.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@motomike_canada wrote:
Hi Tyler,
I noticed eBay keeps changing the "Send Invoice to Buyer" screen, and it no longer shows the "Tax applies to shipping and handling" button.
It was gone for a bit, came back, and is gone again.

My default in Site Preferences is that tax applies to S&H as I must collect and remit it... and if a buyer completes checkout without me updating an invoice, it adds it correctly. However, I had a couple orders today that I combined and reduced shipping costs but could not add tax to S&H and ebay did not charge it on those orders...

Please let whoever is responsible for the updates to either re-add that feature, or just have it default to Seller Site Preference setting...

Thank you @motomike_canada - I don't have anything like this reported yet. I'm not able to view the 'send invoice' screen any longer - are you able to grab me a screenshot and post it on Seller Central? I can get it reported. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@google64 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Since customer support is hit or miss for this, any chance you can get an ETA on when general issues, e.g. payouts, with eBay Managed Payments is getting fixed?

Thanks.

Hi @google64 - I'm limited in the support I can provide with regards to managed payments. I noticed a few folks reporting issues with payouts yesterday and made sure the right teams were aware. However, for account specific support I have to ask you to contact customer service. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@ericsells75 wrote:

I have been ported over to eBay Shipping Labels by default now. I'd use it but it appears to just offer Level 1 CP Small Business discount level. Because of that Shippo is cheaper. 

Long story short is ebay shipping labels going to be enhanced to take into account the users actual discount level?

Hi @ericsells75! That's the plan, from my understanding. However, I don't have a timeline on it yet.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

I noticed a few problems with the new label system as posted in Seller Central,

1. Before the new rates the Small Packet rate to the US was $7.54 CAD, $7.29 CAD for Canada Post Small Business Account holders. Buyer would be charged $7.54 CAD

2. After the new rates the Small Packet rate to the US is $7.74 CAD, $7.49 CAD for Canada Post Small Business Account holders. Plus in this case a fuel surcharge for Indiana from Alberta of $0.39 CAD. Buyer should be charged $8.13 CAD

The problem is the buyer in this case was only charged $7.74 CAD. Further complicating the matter is that Shippo charged $7.88 CAD after discounts which seems correct $7.49+.39. However eBay's label system only wanted to charge $7.49 with no fuel surcharge?

NOTE: I just noticed today that the last label I created was Calculated to be $7.49 in the eBay label system, and shows that price in the shipping label section of my orders page. However my pending invoice for it states $7.88. eBay needs to fix this so  the buyers are charged the right amount so us sellers don't have to shell out the difference! This is becoming problematic.

Tyler can you please look into this, thanks

Hi @flyhooks4less - I got this reported on Monday but haven't heard anything back yet. I'll add these other examples. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat today! It's closed from further replies but will return next week. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 13
latest reply