June 13, 2023 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hello Devon,

I've had this asked by other sellers on several occasions. Would it be possible in the Payouts screen to add FVF fee discounts and Promoted Fees to the dropdown choices and then show a total(s) at the bottom of all pages? With the old system and a monthly invoice these kind of numbers were easy to see. With managed payments EVERYTHING requires being an expert in creating and using spreadsheets. Not something all are good with.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello Devon,

Re: Selling on eBay help page

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling/selling?id=4081&st=3&pos=1&query=All%20about%20selling&inte...

Could this page please be revised to assist new sellers so they will understand how important it is to first set up their account with MP for incoming payments to process smoothly. The test transactions should be a part of that process but from word of mouth that is not always the case. Those little tests(2) worked great with PayPal. Secondly that there can and will be delays with receiving initial payouts. Especially for sellers hoping to sell high valued items from the jump. This is very poorly expressed in the help page.

Maybe even a procedure for what to do when things go off the rails. Explaining the benefits/perils of getting paid in Canadian vs US funds and the different requirements. 

Having this info more transparent/properly explained would reduce the number of fine folks that arrive on the discussion boards when they don't see immediate access to their funds or have holds that no one is able to assist with.

Thanks,

-Lotz

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Devon,

I've had this asked by other sellers on several occasions. Would it be possible in the Payouts screen to add FVF fee discounts and Promoted Fees to the dropdown choices and then show a total(s) at the bottom of all pages? With the old system and a monthly invoice these kind of numbers were easy to see. With managed payments EVERYTHING requires being an expert in creating and using spreadsheets. Not something all are good with.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I think this is a good idea and I will be sure to get this over to the right team! I know that they are always looking for suggestions for improvements and this could be one they look into. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hello Devon,

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling/selling?id=4081&st=3&pos=1&query=All%20about%20selling&inte...

Could this page please be revised to assist new sellers so they will understand how important it is to first set up their account with MP for incoming payments to process smoothly. The test transactions should be a part of that process but from word of mouth that is not always the case. Those little tests(2) worked great with PayPal. Secondly that there can and will be delays with receiving initial payouts. Especially for sellers hoping to sell high valued items from the jump. This is very poorly expressed in the help page.

Maybe even a procedure for what to do when things go off the rails. Explaining the benefits/perils of getting paid in Canadian vs US funds and the different requirements. 

Having this info more transparent/properly explained would reduce the number of fine folks that arrive on the discussion boards when they don't see immediate access to their funds or have holds that no one is able to assist with.

Thanks,

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies This something that has been discussed on the US boards and we have brought to the attention of the Payments team. I will share any insight that I can if there are changes to this process that are made.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

Hello Devon,

Thanks,

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies This something that has been discussed on the US boards and we have brought to the attention of the Payments team. I will share any insight that I can if there are changes to this process that are made.

Thanks devon@ebay  appreciated. Regarding the help pages have they ever considered showing a created date? It is very easy to find similar help pages depending on how you search but 1 may be, in the words of eBay considered a zombie with information that long obsolete. Usually can tell if there are link(s) included that lead you to nowhere.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

Hello Devon,

Thanks,

-Lotz

Thanks devon@ebay  appreciated. Regarding the help pages have they ever considered showing a created date? It is very easy to find similar help pages depending on how you search but 1 may be, in the words of eBay considered a zombie with information that long obsolete. Usually can tell if there are link(s) included that lead you to nowhere.

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies That is also another great idea and I am not sure if that is something that has been considered in the past but this is something I can bring up during some of my meetings I have with various teams!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Devon there is a post on the board  about a Canadian seller who was required to pay for return shipping from the US.  I haven't confirmed it but the seller did suggest that eBay sent the buyer a return label and then charged the seller $50.   Is ebay now providing labels from the US to Canada? If so, what is the carrier and is automatic?  It would have been less expensive for the seller to prove a usps first class label through Shippo or sent the money for a label had they known that was possible.   If ebay is now going to send return labels sellers should be made aware of this and given time to explore the alternatives before having an expensive label issued.

If this is the case, is this for all international not as described returns regardless of where the buyer is?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Devon there is a post on the board  about a Canadian seller who was required to pay for return shipping from the US.  I haven't confirmed it but the seller did suggest that eBay sent the buyer a return label and then charged the seller $50.   Is ebay now providing labels from the US to Canada? If so, what is the carrier and is automatic?  It would have been less expensive for the seller to prove a usps first class label through Shippo or sent the money for a label had they known that was possible.   If ebay is now going to send return labels sellers should be made aware of this and given time to explore the alternatives before having an expensive label issued.

If this is the case, is this for all international not as described returns regardless of where the buyer is?

@pjcdn2005 From my knowledge, we do not provide a return shipping label for a sale that was US to Canada. If the US seller is enrolled in EIS and the buyer (in Canada) made a purchase but wants to do a return we at eBay would handle the return and refund the buyer and let the seller keep the money made from the sale.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's closed but will return next month!

I will continue to work on getting responses to any questions that may not have been answered during the chat. I will be sure to tag the member to assure they are notified of a response! 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply