March 17 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat for your questions - I will begin answering tomorrow!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Tyler,

Please update us on any of the problems we have outlined in the past.

Has eBay fixed anything lately?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Another Managed Payments question.

We know that the first place to start a Dispute- NAD or INR - is with eBay.

But sometimes the Buyer is past the "delivery deadline +30 days"  that eBay allows.

What happens if the Buyer is 60days or 31 days past that deadline?

With PP, the Buyer still has up to 180 days from Payment to dispute. 

Is this still the case with MP?

How must a seller handle a Buyer's Dispute?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Hi -  I am still wondering about that issue with the fuel surcharges on the Canada Post Light Packet USA untracked airmail where the buyer is paying less than what the Shippo postage label costs the seller. Any idea when that will be fixed?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Regarding the announcement about MP sellers being able to have our US funds be put into a US$ Canadian bank account.... If we sell on both sites will be able to have a Canadian $ account for .ca sales and a US$ account for .com sales on the same ID?

Wish I could make it tomorrow to the discussion but I had already made another committment.  Will be there a transcript of podcast that we can read/see later?

A comment since they will be talking about listing ....I haven't see the 'new' listing tool but have read about it on the .com forum.  I'm hoping that it is still a work in progress since there seems to be the general reaction that the form takes much longer than the current one. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Just wanted to say my Managed Payments is fixed and working great! Yowsa yowsa yowsa!

InTime

(The bearer of good news! ...huh? ;>}

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I don't have any updates @flyhooks4less - I'm sorry.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Another Managed Payments question.

We know that the first place to start a Dispute- NAD or INR - is with eBay.

But sometimes the Buyer is past the "delivery deadline +30 days"  that eBay allows.

What happens if the Buyer is 60days or 31 days past that deadline?

With PP, the Buyer still has up to 180 days from Payment to dispute. 

Is this still the case with MP?

How must a seller handle a Buyer's Dispute?

Hi @femmefan1946 - to clarify - a payment dispute (also called a 'chargeback') is opened directly with the financial institution or card issuer, not the processor. So from a managed payments perspective there isn't some other process a buyer can utilize from their eBay account other than the eMBG.

The eBay Money Back Guarantee applies for 30 days after the estimated or actual delivery date (depending on the type of request). If a request is opened after that time and we are asked to step in we would typically close it out in the seller's favor. 

Most financial institutions allow disputes to be opened for up to 180 days post transaction or longer (up to 1 year with some card issuers). 

As a seller, you would handle this dispute the same way you would handle any chargeback or dispute - reply to it promptly and work with CS to ensure appropriate evidence is given to the financial institution. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@bentley65 wrote:

Hi -  I am still wondering about that issue with the fuel surcharges on the Canada Post Light Packet USA untracked airmail where the buyer is paying less than what the Shippo postage label costs the seller. Any idea when that will be fixed?

Thanks!

@bentley65 - I don't have an update on this one, sorry. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Regarding the announcement about MP sellers being able to have our US funds be put into a US$ Canadian bank account.... If we sell on both sites will be able to have a Canadian $ account for .ca sales and a US$ account for .com sales on the same ID?

Wish I could make it tomorrow to the discussion but I had already made another committment.  Will be there a transcript of podcast that we can read/see later?

A comment since they will be talking about listing ....I haven't see the 'new' listing tool but have read about it on the .com forum.  I'm hoping that it is still a work in progress since there seems to be the general reaction that the form takes much longer than the current one. 

Hi @pjcdn2005 - this is a great question re: USD and CAD payout options. I don't have any more specifics than you do at this point. I will ask about a transcript on the Check in though!

Regarding the new listing form - I know it is being refined and improved regularly, and member input there is key. I think that's why they've released it with so much overlap before the other tool's deprecation, specifically so they can get member input and make enhancements. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Just wanted to say my Managed Payments is fixed and working great! Yowsa yowsa yowsa!

InTime

(The bearer of good news! ...huh? ;>}

I had to read this a few times just to be sure @intimewithmusic - I'm really glad to hear that it's finally working for you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week everyone!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Following up to this @pjcdn2005 - there will be a recording available once the meeting is done. Once it's ready I'll let you know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Hi @flyhooks4less - I heard from the shipping team on the pricing discrepancy issue. They've said that the actual root cause has been finally been identified and they expect a resolutionto be implemented by the end of next week. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Hi @pjcdn2005 - update on this! I got a link to the recording this morning, accessible here

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply