October 10, 2023 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

1. Automatic feedbacks left to buyers on purchases do not properly work since a week or two. Is this something ebay is awared of or is there any way to fix this issue? 

2. I was looking to open a tangerine bank account for my ebay activities. I did read past year threads about many reported issues and problems linking this bank to ebay managed payments. Is this something fixed? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

1. Automatic feedbacks left to buyers on purchases do not properly work since a week or two. Is this something ebay is awared of or is there any way to fix this issue? 

2. I was looking to open a tangerine bank account for my ebay activities. I did read past year threads about many reported issues and problems linking this bank to ebay managed payments. Is this something fixed? 

Hi @rocketscollectibles! This is the first I am hearing about automatic feedback not working correctly for sellers. Can you share an example of what is happening so I can have this reported to be looked into.  

For payouts, the bank account has to be able to be verified through our system which more information on that can be read here

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hello Devon,

Are we getting any closer to solutions for the numerous problems/defects with eBay Labels?

1. Sellers need actual detailed receipts for tax purposes. Super critical!!!
  2. We need to be on the same playing field with US sellers and be able to show our buyers discounts for shipping...Both with CP/Fedex. Fedex was released almost a year ago to Canadian sellers. Level 4 with CP has been several months. eBay settings clearly show the difference between the 2 sites.
  3. The system is still incorrectly modifying inputted weights for custom purposes and country of origin of goods. It's a legal document that cannot be manually pen modified. It needs to print as inputted.
  4. As per recent announcements with the EU the field for HS code needs to be able to accept 10 digits. Currently the limit is 6..####.## with ebay labels. You cannot override this field. The extra digits are required to make sure the receiver is charged the CORRECT duty/taxes.
  5. The customs document is still missing a field for a valid email addresses. A requirement for shipping anywhere internationally as per local customs. Is not an issue with Shippo and CP.
  6. Is the level 4 CP discount only tied to certain options? In recent days I have seen options(services) missing when both creating listings and creating eBay labels (PC). Unsure if these are glitches or work in progress changes. eBay Labels should mirror CP services/add on services exactly. Are there plans to reduce the number of shipping options that display on the PC like with the APP? In speaking to other sellers many create listings using the app. Finalize with PC because of the MIA options with APP.

CP Rate calculator Canada:

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1696964137845.png

CP rate calculator USA:

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1696963666906.png

7. Could the 4 versions of prepaid boxes be added as options to the dropdown for your suggestion box.

Lastly, it would be most helpful if eBay could be a bit more proactive when there are known technical issues for services such as eBay labels. The eBay status pages are being bypassed when (critical) issues arise. Sellers are on a timeline to ship. They need to be in the loop. That should be the go to place to check. If sellers have to use an outside method to ship due to eBay technical problems sellers can be out costs because of the discrepancies. (Buyer paid this amount...Seller has to ship based on this amount.)

Thanks

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

Hi @rocketscollectibles! This is the first I am hearing about automatic feedback not working correctly for sellers. Can you share an example of what is happening so I can have this reported to be looked into.  

For payouts, the bank account has to be able to be verified through our system which more information on that can be read here

Devon,

As a quick add on there is nothing in help for an approved list of banks on the Canadian pages. Any new sellers would like to know before setting up an account what banks are verified. Tangerine did work in the past for many sellers but going forward many sellers had issues connecting.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It just not working anymore. I've been set to leave automatic feedbacks on purchase for over a year: 

223232.PNG

 But now when a buyer purchase. No feedback is left, i must leave them manually: 

Capture.PNG

 It's like this since around 2 weeks

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's closed but will return next month!

I will continue to work on getting responses to any questions that may not have been answered during the chat. I will be sure to tag the member to assure they are notified of a response!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply