September 15 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll begin working on answers tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Hi Tyler,  I would like to know whay my funds have been put on hold ?  I have over 500 transactions

(100% positive feedback and no disputes).  The item was sent with tracking and is almost at the buyer's

address.  The message on the sold item form Ebay says that funds are on hold until the item is delivered.

I sold another item a few weeks ago and never have had this happen.  Is this a new policy ?  I am a bit

upset .

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Hi,

Are there any updates on people having issues with connecting their sales tax table for Canadian buyers to their listings? I also do not have the check box to connect my listing to the sales ta
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Tyler,  please review all the messages on the Community regarding my post this morning under

the title   "Funds on Hold "    thank you.

James

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@15westcoast wrote:

Tyler,  please review all the messages on the Community regarding my post this morning under

James

tyler@ebay 

Urgent!!!!

Hello Tyler,

Is there an official policy regarding this issue anywhere? I've been in contact with several buyers as of late that are running into this issue and variations there of. Contacting help can be extremely frustrating with mixed messaging. Help "in theory" should work the same no matter what method one chooses. And should not drop off the cliff as to how situations are handled because one happens to be a Canadian. In this situation, getting paid consistently is one of the biggest priorities for a seller.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies It isn't a Canadian issue and you can find the policy at the link I posted in that thread.  You said that buyers have contacted you about  it...what does this have to with buyers?  The seller needs to ship whether or not their money is on hold.

The policy has been in effect for a long time although with PP it was used more for new sellers than for infrequent sellers.   It does seem though as if they are getting carried away with who they are applying it to.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Should have been sellers.  The concern is eBay CS not being able to give sellers an honest answer when they inquire. Not everyone uses Facebook or Twitter.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

The information is available by going to help and contact and typing in payment holds.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Very nervous about post I saw here that Canada Post has blocked eBay labels (I believe others have copied the link, sorry I don't know how to do that.) They said "When I went to the local Post Office to drop it off.....the clerk got a MESSAGE that "Distribution Order blocked for Credit. eBay's account with Canada Post is overdue." Please advise what is happening with this. Thank you!

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

I want this answer also!! 

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Just curious to why Canada sellers don’t have all the same store benefits that the US sellers have yet we pay the same price for our store? (Example: promotions, coupons etc.)
Thanks
Tara
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Is there anyone out there who ships FROM the US that lives in Canada who can help me

Before managed payments when I used only paypal, I used my balance for everything since It was me that decided how much to keep in my balance and how much to transfer to my bank account, I never had to pay a cent.

I Called ebay and was told that becuase I am registred in Canada I only have the option to use paypal to print my labels from the US to the US, and I'm not sure what to do once I run out of my paypa balance. I can't cross the border on my own since covid, so I can't just bring my packages to the US post office

if I click on the link to purchase a lable, is there any way to use a different way of paying that isn’t paypal, because that’s the only thing that shows up. The personI spoke to said if I wasn't shipping from the US I would have the option of choosing from my ebay balance

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Hi I hope you can help me.  On my page it says" Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please update by Sep 17, 2021 to avoid further restrictions"  

I have filled out everything I needed to and it says: Enter microdeposit amounts but none have been put into my account.  I have called ebay 3 times and each time they say they're not sure why I'm having this problem, they'll call me back but it's been 3 weeks and still nothing

Thanks

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Is there a way to bypass using MP for funding shipping. MY preference is dealing directly with Canadapost .   

Message 15 of 27
latest reply

@limitedtcg wrote:
Hi,

Are there any updates on people having issues with connecting their sales tax table for Canadian buyers to their listings? I also do not have the check box to connect my listing to the sales ta

Hey @limitedtcg we do have an update, no fix just yet but it is on their radar and will hopfully be resolved sooner than later! Thanks so much for working with us! 

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@15westcoast wrote:

Hi Tyler,  I would like to know whay my funds have been put on hold ?  I have over 500 transactions

(100% positive feedback and no disputes).  The item was sent with tracking and is almost at the buyer's

address.  The message on the sold item form Ebay says that funds are on hold until the item is delivered.

I sold another item a few weeks ago and never have had this happen.  Is this a new policy ?  I am a bit

upset .

Hi @15westcoast - I've reviewed the thread you provided and it seems like you were given good information by CS when you contacted regarding the issue. 

You can read more about the holds associated with selling on eBay at the links that were shared in the thread you mentioned, or in the 'Holds' subsection of section 7 of the Payments terms and conditions (link here). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@15westcoast wrote:

James

tyler@ebay 

Urgent!!!!

Hello Tyler,

Is there an official policy regarding this issue anywhere? I've been in contact with several buyers as of late that are running into this issue and variations there of. Contacting help can be extremely frustrating with mixed messaging. Help "in theory" should work the same no matter what method one chooses. And should not drop off the cliff as to how situations are handled because one happens to be a Canadian. In this situation, getting paid consistently is one of the biggest priorities for a seller.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I feel like @pjcdn2005 shared some great resources for you to review, but there are also the payments terms of service I shared in my link above too.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Should have been sellers.  The concern is eBay CS not being able to give sellers an honest answer when they inquire. Not everyone uses Facebook or Twitter.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - we definitely want you to be able to feel confident when you contact CS. Most funds-hold issues can be addressed by anyone within the customer support organization, but if it has to do specifically with a payments issue (for example, a payment dispute) you'd need to request a callback from a payments-trained teammate in order to get the best assistance.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Is ebay.CA having money problems with Canada Post?

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Payments/eBay-Canada-credit-issue-with-Canada-Post/m-p/466443

Hi @ypdc_dennis & @msau4301 - there was a technical issue with Canada Post and our Labels account, but that should now be corrected. 

Will you let me know if you're still running into this?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 27
latest reply