September 4 2019 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat for your questions! I'll be available tomorrow to work on getting you answers.

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Many sellers are creating  promoted listings.  These listing are presented as sponsored listings on eBay.

Now a seller has two copies of the same listing on eBay….  A duplicate of the same listing.

The rule is that Duplicate listings are not acceptable on eBay.....

eBay's rule...."You can't have more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time".

If a listing is promoted,  why are  there two listings of the same item on eBay?…

Why not have only one listing… the promoted… Sponsored listing…?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Have there been any thoughts of a backup plan to when someone tries to contact eBay by phone are unable to get a code because of server issues?  From my understanding this was the case for 3 to 4 days. Not everyone lives and breathes in social media but they need some sort of solution on an immediate basis.  Are mods that pass through even seeing those concerns and reacting?

-Lotz

PS. Checking dot ca status never seems to note any problems. Dot com...Occasionally. Maybe, some sort of a link for people to file a report?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

Many sellers are creating  promoted listings.  These listing are presented as sponsored listings on eBay.

Now a seller has two copies of the same listing on eBay….  A duplicate of the same listing.

The rule is that Duplicate listings are not acceptable on eBay.....

eBay's rule...."You can't have more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time".

If a listing is promoted,  why are  there two listings of the same item on eBay?…

Why not have only one listing… the promoted… Sponsored listing…?

Hi @cumos55 - thanks for pointing this out! We agree with you: duplicate listings can create a cluttered search results page. That's why the Promoted Listings program is shifting to do just that: display only the promoted listing itself. Currently this is announced just for .com Promoted Listings, but it's something that I anticipate seeing expanded in the future. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Have there been any thoughts of a backup plan to when someone tries to contact eBay by phone are unable to get a code because of server issues?  From my understanding this was the case for 3 to 4 days. Not everyone lives and breathes in social media but they need some sort of solution on an immediate basis.  Are mods that pass through even seeing those concerns and reacting?

-Lotz

PS. Checking dot ca status never seems to note any problems. Dot com...Occasionally. Maybe, some sort of a link for people to file a report?

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies  - there isn't an alternative way to contact by phone that I am aware of (short of dialing the phone number direct and not getting a shortcode). Social media is always an option too though! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week. It's now closed but I'll be about on the boards for the rest of the week if you need me. 🙂

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply