CANADA CUSTOMS

I have been receiving packages via USPS First Class Int post with no problems. Within the last two weeks when checking the Tracking info on my purchases, 3 of them have had the following notification " Your item departed a transfer airport in Pearson International, Toronto, CANADA on January --, 2015 at 4:16 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination." Out of the 3 items, one was returned to the seller for some reason, 2 have passed thru Customs and I'm not certain what's happening with the 4th one yet. Can anyone provide any info on this new phenomena?

DMH  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CANADA CUSTOMS

Normal transit time from the USA to pretty well anywhere in Canada is about 20 days.

I don't understand why you would hide the actual date the parcels got to Pearson International, but if fewer than 20 days have passed since purchase, relax, they are on their way.

For the parcel that was returned to the seller, ask the seller what reason was given on the CBSA label.

Or look on the CBSA website

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/menu-eng.html

and check in particular if the item was in a prohibited category. (One that often surprises Canadian buyers is paintball equipment. I've had trouble with a type of chimney fire suppressant that CBSA considers to be a firework.)

In any case, if more than 30 days have passed and fewer than 45, open an Item Not Received Dispute to get a refund. Although you'll probably receive the orders before the dispute is completed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

CANADA CUSTOMS

Normal transit time from the USA to pretty well anywhere in Canada is about 20 days.

I don't understand why you would hide the actual date the parcels got to Pearson International, but if fewer than 20 days have passed since purchase, relax, they are on their way.

For the parcel that was returned to the seller, ask the seller what reason was given on the CBSA label.

Or look on the CBSA website

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/menu-eng.html

and check in particular if the item was in a prohibited category. (One that often surprises Canadian buyers is paintball equipment. I've had trouble with a type of chimney fire suppressant that CBSA considers to be a firework.)

In any case, if more than 30 days have passed and fewer than 45, open an Item Not Received Dispute to get a refund. Although you'll probably receive the orders before the dispute is completed.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply