Can I ship with my own career for shipping? How do I do that?

Ebay only appears to allow shipping via ebay or Paypal using Paypal Labels. If I have my own career and want to ship things my way, how to do that? How I do set an item as shipped without going through ebay or paypal shipping? Similarly at the time of selling I would set a flat rate shipping by destination and want to include shipping cost to the item being sold and charge for the item and shipping it all together.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do you mean carrier (shipper) rather than career?

@dreaming_pinks wrote:

Ebay only appears to allow shipping via ebay or Paypal using Paypal Labels. If I have my own career and want to ship things my way, how to do that? How I do set an item as shipped without going through ebay or paypal shipping?

You buy shipping from your shipper. When you ship, you manually mark the sold item as shipped on eBay and paypal (only if the buyer paid with paypal).  On eBay the dropdown menu on the right side of your sold item allows you to add tracking.

-..-

@dreaming_pinks wrote:

Similarly at the time of selling I would set a flat rate shipping by destination and want to include shipping cost to the item being sold and charge for the item and shipping it all together.

eBay automatically charges the buyer the total price (sale price + shipping) when you have shipping properly set up.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I mostly use discount mint postage. I have not in the decades I have been selling on eBay been required to use Paypal shipping.

Occasionally I do, because I can get discounts of 5% to 17% on some services along with tracking and it is convenient. (The stamps are even cheaper of course, if you like the taste of stamp gum.)

• Use Flat Rate to tell your customer how much you will charge him. Flat Rate shipping includes Free Shipping.

• Use Calculated Shipping to tell your customer how much you will charge him to ship to his doorstep.

Neither requires you to use Canada Post labels purchased through eBay or through Paypal. They are a simple way of telling your customer how much shipping will cost him.

When you sell something, ship however you like. Stamps. Courier. Chit Chat Express /USPS. It's up to you.

Then mark the Sold Item manually as Shipped on your Sold Items list. You may want to add a tracking number if one is available from your shipper for that service.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply