How is Singapore Post shipment to Canada?

No tracking given to me, but they only stated it was ordinary post from Hong Kong via Singapore Post to Canada ??  I asked about tracking and how long and they said 18-30 days, but since January 8th shipment date and February 8th Monday was a holiday, being Family day in BC, Canada, and now it is February 10th, it looks like I might safely wait just a bit longer before having to file a claim on the 43 day limit within the 45 days, I guess. 

Do I file with eBay or PaPal or both, for putting in a claim?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Look at their feedback, too.

If you see a lot of neg or neutral FB for NON-delivery that's a red flag.

If the negs or neutrals are for SLOW delivery, the flag is pink (or yellow if I understand soccer refereeing). Metaphors are not my thing.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hello 'billiz2011', 

<<No tracking given to me, but they only stated it was ordinary post from Hong Kong>>

Tracking is very expensive, so when you buy cheap little items from Asia they will not come tracked.  They may even come "Surface Mail", which means a slow boat, -- which means 6 weeks or more.  

That ebay '45 day' limit is a thing of the past.  Ebay itself now suggests 30 days to start a claim but this is best for items closer to home.  As I said, those Asian items simply cannot arrive in such a short space of time.  

Therefore, paypal gives you 180 days (nearly 6 months) to file a claim.  

It is always best to wait for your items to show up because too many 'non delivery' claims could result in your paypal account being suspended.  Most items arrive, and if you file too often it will be assumed you are a scammer looking for easy freebies.

The ebay link explaining what to do when there is a problem:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#notreceived

And the paypal policy that explains your 180 days is in Section 13.5 of this, and there is a link to the Resolution Center you can use.:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

<<Do I file with eBay or PaPal or both, for putting in a claim?>>

You do not file with both.  With whom to file depends on the time frame.  For overseas items that can take a long time to arrive, that means paypal.  The last item I ordered from China took 51 days to arrive.  

There are occasions when some Asian sellers will not send an item and then delay the buyer with endless pleas to wait and promises of replacements that will never be sent.  This will not happen to you because you are going to familiarize yourself with how to seek restitution when need be.

So by all means, wait for your items to arrive, especially when ordering from overseas.

Just make sure you know how to get compensation when clearly nothing is going to show.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Look at their feedback, too.

If you see a lot of neg or neutral FB for NON-delivery that's a red flag.

If the negs or neutrals are for SLOW delivery, the flag is pink (or yellow if I understand soccer refereeing). Metaphors are not my thing.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

contacting seller first before putting in claim resulted in a prompt refund, within hours of an email informing my intent to file by the deadline, allowing two days leaway, yet in the future I will look into the feedback before buying, specifically the 'negs or neutrals' relating to slow shipment, and the colored flags, etc.,. haven't thought to do this before, so, my bad, 'buyers beware' is the rule, but thanks to so many good things about eBay, we are covered for the most part and the community forum really works.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Just a note. I waited for almost 3 months. Sent a note to supplier,$4.00 item no show. He resent, via expedited mail. Got my item 7 days later. This was a china supplier via ebay.ca
Message 5 of 5
latest reply