No tracking number for Global Shipping Program?

shunkius54
Community Member

I'm new to ebay and it's my frst time buying and I need help. So here's my situation. I won an item in an auction and I paid it. On the selling page of the item it said that it was going to be shipped on the " International Priority Shipping to Canada via the Global Shipping Program" and it included International tracking. The thing is I just paid the item like 2mins ago and I wanted to check the tracking just to make sure that everything was alright but I dont see any tracking number. I went on many sites and youtube video and there is just no link under the Item name on  the order details. What should I do? Does the seller have to ship it first for me to be able to see a tracking number? Will he send it to me by email? PLEASE HELP ME IM GETTING STRESSED.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello 'shunkius', 

<< I just paid the item like 2mins ago and I wanted to check the tracking just to make sure that everything was alright>>

You paid 2 minutes ago and expect to see a tracking number already?   . . . "just to make sure everything was alright".?

What wouldn't be?  After 2 minutes, did you expect it would be in the mail?  Could you get a an item packaged up, labelled, and in the mail that fast?

With the Global Shipping Program, items are shipped in 2 parts:  First the seller ships to a warehouse in Kentucky.  That is the first tracking number you will see.  You will notice it says "Delivered" to this address in Kentucky which always upsets new users, but that is normal. 

From there, the GSP folks inspect the package and forward it on to you.  This is where you will not likely get a tracking number unless you call Pitney-Bowes about it.  Some buyers have had really good luck getting a working tracking number that way. 

<< I went on many sites and youtube video and there is just no link under the Item name on  the order details.>>

I don't see why there would be.  If you bought from ebay, why would there be a youtube video with your tracking number?  To find your first tracking number, the best place to look is in your Purchase History (find the My eBay drop-down menu at the top of this page).   You may also get an email indicating what that number is, although I find that sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  Either way, your seller can only give you the first tracking number showing the item has been sent to Kentucky. 

The seller cannot give you the second tracking number because he does not know it.  The parcel is no longer his responsibility once it arrives in Kentucky. 

<<Does the seller have to ship it first for me to be able to see a tracking number? >>

Pretty much.  He has to have printed out the shipping label with your info on it, at any rate.  Items coming through the GSP will invariably show up, but this is not a speedy way to have things delivered.  All mail order is slow, but the GSP items are exceptionally pokey, due mainly to that 2-part shipping process.  

But at least you know you will get your item safe & sound, and that is what matters most.  

If you want to read about other people's experience with the GSP, or post some thoughts or questions of your own, there are 2 message threads devoted just to that:  

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/bd-p/23003

That said, any time you order something apart from the GSP, the amount you pay for shipping is a good indicator if there will be a tracking number or not.  Small, inexpensive items often do not have one, and if you order from Asia the items can take nearly 2 months to arrive.  Your purchase is covered by ebay's Buyer Protection in the beginning, and Paypal for about 6 months from payment, so even slow-to-arrive items with no tracking will not mean you lose out.  

Ebay is a very safe place to shop so there is never any need for 'getting stressed'.  If ever you do have a problem, here is where to start:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Happy shopping. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

j44b
Community Member

Hello,

The seller will have to ship your item, you should  receive your tracking # shortly there after. No need to stress.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You don't need tracking really.

If you are not home when the carrier arrives, she will leave a Notice telling you where and when you can pick up the item.

But another poster gave another stressed buyer this information.

TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Tracking will not speed up your delivery.

The delivery dates are estimates. Optimistic estimates.

Tracking is not insurance. In any case, insurance claims are paid to the seller who purchased the insurance not the buyer.

You are protected by both eBay and Paypal Buyer Protection against loss or damage in transit, as well as bad descriptions. None of this is covered by tracking, which protects the seller.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

Your tracking number is not going to pop up minutes after you purchase the item. The seller needs to print out (or buy postage at the PO) a label. If the print out a label, it will come up immediately after. If they bought postage at the PO, then they should enter it in. Don't worry. Some sellers take a couple days to print or get a tracking number up.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'shunkius', 

<< I just paid the item like 2mins ago and I wanted to check the tracking just to make sure that everything was alright>>

You paid 2 minutes ago and expect to see a tracking number already?   . . . "just to make sure everything was alright".?

What wouldn't be?  After 2 minutes, did you expect it would be in the mail?  Could you get a an item packaged up, labelled, and in the mail that fast?

With the Global Shipping Program, items are shipped in 2 parts:  First the seller ships to a warehouse in Kentucky.  That is the first tracking number you will see.  You will notice it says "Delivered" to this address in Kentucky which always upsets new users, but that is normal. 

From there, the GSP folks inspect the package and forward it on to you.  This is where you will not likely get a tracking number unless you call Pitney-Bowes about it.  Some buyers have had really good luck getting a working tracking number that way. 

<< I went on many sites and youtube video and there is just no link under the Item name on  the order details.>>

I don't see why there would be.  If you bought from ebay, why would there be a youtube video with your tracking number?  To find your first tracking number, the best place to look is in your Purchase History (find the My eBay drop-down menu at the top of this page).   You may also get an email indicating what that number is, although I find that sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  Either way, your seller can only give you the first tracking number showing the item has been sent to Kentucky. 

The seller cannot give you the second tracking number because he does not know it.  The parcel is no longer his responsibility once it arrives in Kentucky. 

<<Does the seller have to ship it first for me to be able to see a tracking number? >>

Pretty much.  He has to have printed out the shipping label with your info on it, at any rate.  Items coming through the GSP will invariably show up, but this is not a speedy way to have things delivered.  All mail order is slow, but the GSP items are exceptionally pokey, due mainly to that 2-part shipping process.  

But at least you know you will get your item safe & sound, and that is what matters most.  

If you want to read about other people's experience with the GSP, or post some thoughts or questions of your own, there are 2 message threads devoted just to that:  

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/bd-p/23003

That said, any time you order something apart from the GSP, the amount you pay for shipping is a good indicator if there will be a tracking number or not.  Small, inexpensive items often do not have one, and if you order from Asia the items can take nearly 2 months to arrive.  Your purchase is covered by ebay's Buyer Protection in the beginning, and Paypal for about 6 months from payment, so even slow-to-arrive items with no tracking will not mean you lose out.  

Ebay is a very safe place to shop so there is never any need for 'getting stressed'.  If ever you do have a problem, here is where to start:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Happy shopping. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Wow dmil thank you for that amazing answer. Cleared pretty much everything for me. I thought that the tracking system started with the section "shipped" but it starts after shipping. Also, "I went on many sites and youtube video and there is just no link under the Item name on the order details" meant that every sites and youtube videos that I watched told me that the tracking number would be under the item's name which I could'nt find because the seller had not shipped it yet. Seeems pretty obvious but I just didnt think of that :). Anyways thanks for your answer, I'd had 100 likes to it if I could.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply