I need to make a payment for the purchase bid I made, Please help me to make the payment

abuus76
Community Member

what is the phone number for ebay to get help to make payment ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I need to make a payment for the purchase bid I made, Please help me to make the payment

here is how to contact eBay by phone:

At the bottom of this page, click on "Help & Contact", then "Contact eBay" tab.  Choose any topic that seems relevant, such as "Buying" > "How to pay for an item".   Not all topics will provide a link, but many, such as the one above, take you to a screen where you will find, on the right side, 2 choices:  call eBay on a toll-free number, or have them call you.  Follow the prompts.  Have all the relevant information ready.  Be patient - it may take a long time and several customer service reps, before you have all your questions answered satisfactorily.  If you are not getting logical answers, ask to speak to a supervisor.  Call back if needed.  The call centre is in the Phillippines, not all operatives are well trained or familiar with eBay Canada.  If you're lucky, you'll get the call centre in Utah and a native English speaker to assist you - this is most likely if you are calling on weekdays during regular business hours.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Do you have a Paypal account?

Has the seller  (or eBay) given you an invoice with the shipping amount on it?

If so, click on Pay Now, log into your PP and pay.

Has the seller not provided an invoice with a shipping amount?

Was there a shipping amount FOR CANADA on the listing?

If there was not a shipping amount FOR CANADA, did you contact the seller before bidding and get a firm quote?

Have you reminded the seller or that quote?

Remember that some sellers do not work on weekends. Allow at least 24 hours for a response.

If there was not a shipping amount for Canada, the seller does not want to sell to you.

Move on.

You can spend a lot of time and angst on this, but you can't force her to give you a shipping amount* and you can't force her to ship.

She can report you as an Unwelcome Bidder/Buyer.

*And if you bid on a listing with no specified shipping, the seller can charge whatever she feels is fair, and eBay will stand behind her.  Not only that, but if you decide that $500 shipping for a $10 item is not going to happen, she can open a Dispute, win, and give you an Unpaid Item Strike, which will make it harder to bid and buy on eBay in future.  Doesn't happen often, fortunately.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply