paypal problems

aca1736
Community Member

I made my first purchase through pay pal was waiting for is to come out of my bank account when the seller cancelled my sale .next few purchase's went through fine then all of a sudden the next few purchases said failed  . added a pre paid credit card to cover them and called my bank .the bank said all was fine on there end for making withdrawals out of my checking account for paypal purchases still not getting my purchases paid for or any withdrawals from my account .id like to put the purchases I have and any money owing on the prepay visa card and get everything cleared up as soon as possible thanks for your time Al Robert

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

paypal problems

Generally, your bank will debit your account almost immediately, but the 'e-cheque' will not clear for up to 10 days.

Prepaid credit cards are faster, but do not offer the 'chargeback' protection that a real credit card does. Nor can Paypal offer complete buyer protection when either a bank account or a prepaid card is used . This also applies to money order and cash payments by the way.

This is a member to member Board, rarely visited by eBay personnel and not likely to be visited by your seller.

Contact your seller and explain the problem. Usually sellers expect immediate payment or payment within 96 hours (four days). Most will be willing to grant an extension to a new confused buyer.

If the payments have come out of your bank account, it makes no sense to repay from a card. Most likely the payment is in that 'between banking systems' limbo.

In future, your best choice would be to add a real credit card to your PP account. This gives you seller the immediate payment she wants, and allows her to ship sooner. And it gives you a double layer of Buyer Protection  (PP and cc) against poor descriptions, damage and fraud, which are rare, but which do happen.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

paypal problems

And  Paypal will process your Debit Visa as a Visa card in their system without any problem.  Just like paying with Interac here.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply